Date: 13 Aug 2010
A World Record in Atlantic City and the Length of the Shooter’s Hand at Craps
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Supported by NSERC.
- Akane, K. The man with the golden arm, Parts I and II. Around Hawaii, 1 May 2008 and 1 June 2008. http://www.aroundhawaii.com/lifestyle/travel/2008-05-the-man-with-the-golden-arm-part-i.html and http://www.aroundhawaii.com/lifestyle/travel/2008-06-the-man-with-the-golden-arm-part-ii.html
- Bialik, C. Crunching the numbers on a craps record. The Numbers Guy, Wall Street Journal blog. 28 May 2009. http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/crunching-the-numbers-on-a-craps-record-703/
- Ethier, S. N. A Bayesian analysis of the shooter’s hand at craps. In: S. N. Ethier and W. R. Eadington (eds.) Optimal Play: Mathematical Studies of Games and Gambling, pp. 311–322. Institute for the Study of Gambling and Commercial Gaming, University of Nevada, Reno, 2007.
- Grosjean, J. Exhibit CAA. Beyond Counting: Exploiting Casino Games from Blackjack to Video Poker. South Side Advantage Press, Las Vegas, 2009.
- Paik, E. Denville woman recalls setting the craps record in AC. Newark Star-Ledger, 27 May 2009. http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/05/pat_demauro_remembers_only_one.html
- Peterson, B. A new record in craps. Chance News 49 (2009). http://www.causeweb.org/wiki/chance//index.php/Chance_News_49
- Scarne, J. and Rawson, C. Scarne on Dice. The Military Service Publishing Co., Harrisburg, PA, 1945.
- Scoblete, F. The Virgin Kiss and Other Adventures. Research Services Unlimited, Daphne, AL, 2007.
- Shackleford, M. Ask the Wizard! No. 81. 1 June 2009. http://wizardofodds.com/askthewizard/askcolumns/askthewizard81.html
- Suddath, C. Holy craps! How a gambling grandma broke the record. Time, 29 May 2009. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1901663,00.html
- A World Record in Atlantic City and the Length of the Shooter’s Hand at Craps
The Mathematical Intelligencer
Volume 32, Issue 4 , pp 44-48
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors