Date: 20 May 2009
Geometry of Numbers in Vienna
- Chuanming Zong
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This column is a forum for discussion of mathematical communities throughout the world, and through all time. Our definition of “mathematical community” is the broadest. We include “schools” of mathematics, circles of correspondence, mathematical societies, student organizations, and informal communities of cardinality greater than one. What we say about the communities is just as unrestricted. We welcome contributions from mathematicians of all kinds and in all places, and also from scientists, historians, anthropologists, and others.
- Gruber, P.M. (2007) Convex and Discrete Geometry. Springer-Verlag, Berlin
- P.M. Gruber and C.G. Lekkerkerker, Geometry of Numbers, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1987.
- E. Hlawka, Nachruf auf Nikolaus Hofreiter, Monatsh. Math. 116 (1993), 263–273.
- N. Hofreiter, Nachruf auf Philipp Furtwängler, Monatsh. Math. Phys. 49 (1940), 219–225.
- A. Huber, Philipp Furtwängler, Nachruf, Jber. DMV. 50 (1941), 167–178.
- Zong, C. (1996) Strange Phenomena in Convex and Discrete Geometry. Springer-Verlag, New York
- Zong, C. (1999) Sphere Packings. Springer-Verlag, New York
- Zong, C. (2006) The Cube: A Window to Convex and Discrete Geometry. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge
- Geometry of Numbers in Vienna
The Mathematical Intelligencer
Volume 31, Issue 3 , pp 25-31
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Chuanming Zong (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Mathematical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, China