Management of Tuberous Breast Deformity with Anatomic Cohesive Silicone Gel Breast Implants
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Tuberous breast deformity is a rare congenital condition that often requires surgical correction. Numerous surgical techniques have been described, reflecting the reconstructive challenge of this deformity. The anatomic cohesive gel breast implant is a powerful tool in both aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. In the authors’ experience, its use in treating tuberous breast deformity has provided the opportunity for a single-stage approach, with very good results.
The senior author has managed more than 50 cases of single-stage reconstruction for tuberous breast deformity using anatomic cohesive gel breast implants. His surgical technique is described with suggestions for achieving optimal results. Representative case examples are provided.
The anatomic cohesive silicone gel breast implant is an excellent device for treating tuberous breast deformity. It often can be used as a single-stage correction of the deformity with very good results. The authors strongly advocate consideration of its use in tuberous breast deformity reconstruction.
- Heden P, Jernbeck J, Hober M (2001) Breast augmentation with anatomical cohesive gel implants: the world’s largest current experience. Clin Plast Surg 28:531–552
- Brown MH, Shenker R, Silver SA (2005) Cohesive silicone gel breast implants in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg 116:768–779, discussion 780–781 CrossRef
- Hammond DC, Khuthaila DK, Kim J (2007) The interlocking Gore-Tex suture for control of areolar diameter and shape. Plast Reconstr Surg 119:804–809 CrossRef
- Grolleau JL et al (1999) Breast base anomalies: treatment strategy for tuberous breasts, minor deformities, and asymmetry. Plast Reconstr Surg 104:2040–2048 CrossRef
- Mandrekas AD, Zambacos GJ (2004) Aesthetic reconstruction of the tuberous breast deformity. Plast Reconstr Surg 113:2231–2232
- Rees TD, Aston SJ (1976) The tuberous breast. Clin Plast Surg 3:339–347
- von Heimburg D et al (1996) The tuberous breast deformity: classification and treatment. Br J Plast Surg 49:339–345 CrossRef
- Management of Tuberous Breast Deformity with Anatomic Cohesive Silicone Gel Breast Implants
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Volume 33, Issue 1 , pp 49-53
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Cohesive gel
- Industry Sectors