Power-Assisted Lipoplasty Versus traditional Suction-Assisted Lipoplasty: Comparative Evaluation and Analysis of Output
- Peter B. Fodor M.D., F.A.C.S.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Professor Nicolo Scuderi  is not often recognized as the Father of Ultrasonically assisted lipoplasty, although he was the first to use ultrasound energy to emulsify subcutaneous fat before aspirating it. I am pleased to see another lipoplasty article submitted by him.
In this article, Scuderi et al.  compares the speeds of extraction between power-assisted lipoplasty (PAL) and traditional lipoplasty (TL) in 15 female patients. Wetting solutions were infused using the superwet  technique, followed by extraction using either PAL or TL. Extraction volume measurements were performed for the first minute of each procedure, after which the procedure was completed with PAL. The rest of the parameters were standardized from case to case.
In general terms, this report confirms previously published studies [1,2,3] on the benefits of PAL over TL. The clinical model the authors used by treating symmetric contralateral body regions has been my favorite approach for about a decade in studies
- Fodor Peter, B (1999) Power-assisted lipoplasty (PAL): A clinical pilot study comparing PAL to traditional lipoplasty (TL). Aesth Plast Surg J 23: pp. 379-385
- Fodor Peter, B (2001) Power-assisted lipoplasty. Aesth Surg J 21: pp. 90-92
- Fodor Peter, B (2003) Power-assisted lipoplasty. Oper Tech Plast Reconstr Surg 8: pp. 23-27
- Fodor Peter, B (1995) Wetting solutions in aspirative lipoplasty: A plea for safety in liposuction. Aesth Plast Surg J 19: pp. 379-380
- Scuderi, N, DeVita, R, d’Adrea, F, Vonella, M (1987) Nuove prospective nella liposuzione: La lipoemulsificazione. Giorn Chir Plast Riconstr Estet 2: pp. 1
- Power-Assisted Lipoplasty Versus traditional Suction-Assisted Lipoplasty: Comparative Evaluation and Analysis of Output
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Volume 29, Issue 2 , p 127
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. 2080 Century Park East, Suite 710, Los Angeles, California, 90067, USA