Invariant Measures for Cherry Flows
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We investigate the invariant probability measures for Cherry flows, i.e. flows on the two-torus which have a saddle, a source, and no other fixed points, closed orbits or homoclinic orbits. In the case when the saddle is dissipative or conservative we show that the only invariant probability measures are the Dirac measures at the two fixed points, and the Dirac measure at the saddle is the physical measure. In the other case we prove that there exists also an invariant probability measure supported on the quasi-minimal set, we discuss some situations when this other invariant measure is the physical measure, and conjecture that this is always the case. The main techniques used are the study of the integrability of the return time with respect to the invariant measure of the return map to a closed transversal to the flow, and the study of the close returns near the saddle.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Graczyk J., Jonker L.B., ’Swiatek G., Tangerman F.M., Veerman J.J.P.: Differentiable circle maps with a flat interval. Commun. Math. Phys. 173(3), 599–622 (1995) CrossRef
- Kleptsyn, V.: PhD Thesis, École Normale Supérieure de Lyon, 2005.
- Martens M., van Strien S., de Melo W., Mendes P.: On Cherry Flows. Erg. Th. and Dyn. Sys. 10, 531–554 (1990)
- Mendes P.: A metric property of Cherry vector fields on the torus. J. Diff. Eqs. 89(2), 305–316 (1991) CrossRef
- Moreira P.C., Gaspar Ruas A.A.: Metric Properties of Cherry Flows. J. Diff. Eqs. 97(1), 16–26 (1992) CrossRef
- Palis J.: A global perspective for non-conservative dynamics. Ansn. Inst. H. Poincaré Anal. Non Linéaire 22(4), 485–507 (2005) CrossRef
- Saghin R., Sun W., Vargas E.: On Dirac physical measures for transitive flows. Commun. Math. Phys. 298(3), 741–756 (2010) CrossRef
About this Article
- Invariant Measures for Cherry Flows
Communications in Mathematical Physics
Volume 317, Issue 1 , pp 55-67
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors