On the Distribution of Pseudorandom Numbers and Vectors Generated by Inversive Methods
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Inversive methods provide an attractive alternative to linear methods for pseudorandom number and vector generation. We present the first nontrivial results on the distribution of sequences of digital inversive pseudorandom numbers and inversive pseudorandom vectors in parts of the period. The proofs are based on a new bound for certain exponential sums over finite fields.
- On the Distribution of Pseudorandom Numbers and Vectors Generated by Inversive Methods
Applicable Algebra in Engineering, Communication and Computing
Volume 10, Issue 3 , pp 189-202
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Keywords: Digital inversive pseudorandom numbers, Inversive pseudorandom vectors, Discrepancy, Exponential sums.
- Author Affiliations
- A1. Institute of Discrete Mathematics, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Sonnenfelsgasse 19, A-1010 Vienna, Austria (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), AT
- A2. Department of Computing, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia (e-mail: email@example.com), AU