Optimization of pocket machining strategy in HSM
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Our two major concerns, which should be taken into consideration as soon as we start the selecting the machining parameters, are the minimization of the machining time and the maintaining of the high-speed machining machine in good state. The manufacturing strategy is one of the parameters which practically influences the time of the different geometrical forms manufacturing, as well as the machine itself. In this article, we propose an optimization methodology of the machining strategy for pockets of complex forms. For doing this, we have developed analytic models expressing the feed rate of the cutting tools trajectory. Then, we have elaborated an optimization method based on the analysis of the different critical parameters so as to distinguish the most suitable strategies to calculate the cutting time and define the machine dynamics. To validate our results, we have compared them to the experimental ones and also to those found in literature.
- Duc E, Geiskopf F, Landon Y (1999) The high speed milling. ENS of Cachan (LURPA), France
- Dugas A. (2002) CFAO et UGV: machining simulation of the complex forms. Doctoral thesis. Central School of Nantes, France.
- Mawussi K, Lavernhe S, Lartigue C (2003) HSM machining pockets: help in choosing strategies. Int J CAD/CAM Comp Grap 18(3):337–349
- Mehdi C. (2000) Reconstruction of a CAD model from the real movements of a machine TM/NC. Memory of master, IRCCyN. Central School of Nantes, France.
- Monreal M, Rodriguez CA (2001) Influence of tool path strategy on the cycle time of high speed milling. Int J Comp Aid Des 35:395–401 CrossRef
- Msaddek EB, Bouaziz Z, Baili M, Dessein G (2011) Modeling and simulation of high-speed milling centers dynamics. Int J Adv Manu Tech 53(9–12):877–888 CrossRef
- Pateloup V, Duc E, Pascal R (2004) Corner optimization for pocket machining. Int J Mach Tools Manu 44:1343–1353 CrossRef
- Pateloup V., Duc E. et Ray P. (2003) Optimization of the pockets hollowing out trajectories for the high speed milling. 16th French Congress of Mechanics, Nice, pp. 1–6.
- Tapie L, Mawussi KB, Anselmetti B (2006) Machining strategy choice: performance viewer. CDRom paper IDMME 2006, Grenoble, France. pp. 17–19
- Tapie L, Mawussi KB, Anselmetti B (2006) Circular tests for HSM machine tools: bore machining application. Int J Mach Tools Manu 47:805–819 CrossRef
- Toh CK (2004) Design, evaluation and optimization of cutter path strategies when high speed machining hardened die and mold materials. Int J Mat Des 26:517–533
- Toh CK (2004) Cutter path strategies in high speed rough milling of hardened steel. Int J Mat Des 27:107–114
- Tournier C, Lavernhe S, Lartigue C (2005) Optimization in 5-axis high speed milling. CDRom paper. CPI'2005 Casablanca, Morocco. pp. 1–11.
- Optimization of pocket machining strategy in HSM
The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Volume 62, Issue 1-4 , pp 69-81
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Unit of Research of Mechanics of the Solids, Structures and Technological Development, ESSTT, Tunis, Tunisia
- 2. Laboratory Production Engineering, National School of Engineers of Tarbes, 47 Avenue Azereix, BP 1629, 65016, Tarbes Cedex, France