Finite-element and experimental analysis of dynamic behaviours of a micro-stamping tool system
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
As demands on the forming of micro-products increase, ensuring the high-quality design of machine–tool systems becomes increasingly more important. This is particularly due to a need to address smaller geometries and finer tolerance requirements, compared to those of conventional forming. Finite-element (FE) simulation of the dynamic behaviour of machines and tools is particularly useful for supporting design optimisation. Detailed finite-element modelling of stamping tool systems has, however, not been addressed previously. Difficulties tend to arise when many tool parts need to be considered in the modelling. In this paper, dynamic analysis of a micro-sheet-forming system driven by a linear motor is presented. Parameters that influence dynamic behaviours of the micro-stamping tool were investigated using the finite-element analysis and the results of experimental measurement. The findings provide useful information for the improvement of the design of micro-stamping tools as well as for the design of micro-forming-machine systems.
- Groche P, Schneider R (2004) Method for the optimization of forming presses for the manufacturing of micro parts. Ann CIRP 53:281–284. doi:10.1016/S0007-8506(07)60698-2 CrossRef
- Qin Y et al (2008) Development of a new machine system for the forming of micro-sheet-products. In: Proc. of 2008 ESAFORM Conf., Springer Paris, ISSN 1960-6214, doi:10.1007/s12289-008-0098-9, pp. 1–4.
- Qin Y (2006) Micro-forming and miniature manufacture system-development needs and perspectives. J Mats Proc Tech 177:8–18. doi:10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2006.03.212 CrossRef
- Qin Y (2006) Forming-tool design innovation and intelligent tool–structure/system concepts. Int J Mach Tools Manuf 46(11):1253–1260
- Cook RD (1981) Concepts and applications of finite element analysis, 2nd edn. Wiley, Hoboken
- Finite-element and experimental analysis of dynamic behaviours of a micro-stamping tool system
The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Volume 47, Issue 9-12 , pp 839-844
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Stamping tool
- Dynamic response
- Finite-element analysis
- Forming experiment
- Industry Sectors