Do random estimations of vitamin D3 and parathyroid hormone reflect the 24-h profile in the critically ill?
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The work was performed at the Wesley Hospital.
Supplementary Material (0)
- Lucidarme O, Messai E, Mazzoni T, Arcade M, du Cheyron D (2010) Incidence and risk factors of vitamin D deficiency in critically ill patients: results from a prospective observational study. Intensive Care Med 36:1609–1611 CrossRef
- Lee P, Eisman JA, Center JR (2009) Vitamin D deficiency in critically ill patients. N Engl J Med 360:1912–1914 CrossRef
- Rejnmark L, Lauridsen AL, Vestergaard P, Heickendorff L, Andreasen F, Mosekilde L (2002) Diurnal rhythm of plasma 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D and vitamin D-binding protein in postmenopausal women: relationship to plasma parathyroid hormone and calcium and phosphate metabolism. Eur J Endocrinol 146:635–642 CrossRef
- Calvo MS, Eastell R, Offord KP, Bergstralh EJ, Burritt MF (1991) Circadian variation in ionized calcium and intact parathyroid hormone: evidence for sex differences in calcium homeostasis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 72:69–76 CrossRef
- Krishnan A, Ochola J, Mundy J, Jones M, Kruger P, Duncan E, Venkatesh B (2010) Acute fluid shifts influence the assessment of serum vitamin D status in critically ill patients. Crit Care 14:R216 CrossRef
- Binkley N, Krueger D, Lensmeyer G (2009) 25-Hydroxyvitamin D measurement, 2009: a review for clinicians. J Clin Densitom 12:417–427 CrossRef
- Rosen CJ (2011) Clinical practice. Vitamin D insufficiency. N Engl J Med 364:248–254 CrossRef
- Holick MF (2009) Vitamin D status: measurement, interpretation, and clinical application. Ann Epidemiol 19:73–78 CrossRef
- Working Group of the Australian and New Zealand Bone and Mineral Society, Endocrine Society of Australia and Osteoporosis Australia (2005) Vitamin D and adult bone health in Australia and New Zealand: a position statement MJA 182:281–285
About this Article
- Do random estimations of vitamin D3 and parathyroid hormone reflect the 24-h profile in the critically ill?
Intensive Care Medicine
Volume 38, Issue 1 , pp 177-179
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Wesley Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- 2. Queensland Medical Laboratory, Brisbane, Australia
- 3. School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia