Novel complexes of cyclin-dependent kinases and a cyclin-like protein from Arabidopsis thaliana with a function unrelated to cell division
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Although the majority of cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) play a key role in cell cycle progression, recent evidence has shown that CDKs are also implicated in transcription regulation. Here, we describe two Arabidopsis CDKs designated Arath;CDKC;1 and Arath; CDKC;2. These CDKs share a PITAIRE signature in the cyclin-binding domain and the structural characteristics of mammalian CDK9. Yeast two-hybrid screens and immunoprecipitation assays identified CDKC-interacting proteins with homology to the animal cyclin T/cyclin K group. We suggest that these Arabidopsis CDKCs may be part of a kinase complex similar to the animal positive transcription elongation factor b, whose activity is essential for transcription control. Expression studies showed that Arath; CDKC transcripts are mainly confined to epidermal tissues and are most abundant in flower tissues. No expression was detected in actively dividing Arabidopsis tissues, suggesting a role for the CDKC proteins in differentiated cells.
- Novel complexes of cyclin-dependent kinases and a cyclin-like protein from Arabidopsis thaliana with a function unrelated to cell division
Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences CMLS
Volume 60, Issue 2 , pp 401-412
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Birkhäuser Verlag
- Additional Links
- Key words. Arabidopsis thaliana; cell cycle; cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK); cyclin T; transcription control; two-hybrid interaction.
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- A1. Department of Plant Systems Biology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology (VIB), Ghent University, K.L. Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000 Gent (Belgium), Fax +32 9 2645349, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, BE
- A3. Laboratoire Associé de l'Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (France), FR