Realizing a fusion system by a single finite group
- Sejong Park
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We show that every saturated fusion system can be realized as a full subcategory of the fusion system of a finite group. The result suggests the definition of an ‘exoticity index’ and raises some other questions which we discuss.
- C. Broto, R. Levi, and B. Oliver, The homotopy theory of fusion systems, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 16 (2003), 779–856 (electronic).
- Leary, I.J., Stancu, R. (2007) Realising fusion systems. Algebra Number Theory 1: pp. 17-34 CrossRef
- L. Puig, Frobenius categories versus Brauer blocks, Progress in Mathematics, 274, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2009, The Grothendieck group of the Frobenius cateogry of a Brauer block.
- K. Ragnarsson and R. Stancu, Saturated fusion systems as idempotents in the double Burnside ring, preprint.
- Robinson, G.R. (2007) Amalgams, blocks, weights, fusion systems and finite simple groups. J. Algebra 314: pp. 912-923 CrossRef
- R. Stancu, Equivalent definitions of fusion systems, preprint (2003).
- Realizing a fusion system by a single finite group
Archiv der Mathematik
Volume 94, Issue 5 , pp 405-410
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP Birkhäuser Verlag Basel
- Additional Links
- Fusion systems
- Exotic fusion systems
- Exoticity index
- Sejong Park (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Mathematics, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB24 3UE, United Kingdom