Is quasi-concavity preserved by heat flow?
- Kazuhiro IshigeAffiliated withMathematical Institute Tohoku University Aoba Email author
- , Paolo SalaniAffiliated withDipartimento di Matematica ‘U. Dini’ Viale Morgagni 67/A
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We investigate on the preservation of spatial quasi-concavity of the initial datum by the solutions of the heat equation and we give negative results in dimension N ≥ 2.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000).35K05 52A01 35B05 35B30
Keywords.Quasi-concavity heat equation level sets convexity
- Is quasi-concavity preserved by heat flow?
Archiv der Mathematik
Volume 90, Issue 5 , pp 450-460
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- SP Birkhäuser Verlag Basel
- Additional Links
- heat equation
- level sets