The relative interior of the base polyhedron and the core
- Jingang Zhao
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This note provides two necessary and sufficient conditions for the relative interior of the core (and the base polyhedron) to be non-empty: (i) the second largest excess of the prenucleolus is negative; (ii) the grand coalition's payoff is greater than the minimum no-blocking payoff. Such conditions imply an intuitive method in proving core existence, they also imply results on the sensitivity of the base polyhedron and the core.
- The relative interior of the base polyhedron and the core
Volume 18, Issue 3 , pp 635-648
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Keywords and Phrases:Base polyhedron, Core, Minimum no-blocking payoff, Nucleolus, Sensitivity analysis.
- JEL Classification Numbers:C62, C71, D71.
- Industry Sectors
- Jingang Zhao (A1)
- Author Affiliations
- A1. Department of Economics, Iowa State University, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011–1070, USA (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), US