Quantum black holes in Type-IIA String Theory
- Pablo BuenoAffiliated withInstituto de Física Teórica UAM/CSIC
- , Rhys DaviesAffiliated withMathematical Institute, University of Oxford
- , C. S. ShahbaziAffiliated withInstituto de Física Teórica UAM/CSICStanford Institute for Theoretical Physics and Department of Physics, Stanford University Email author
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We study black hole solutions of Type-IIA Calabi-Yau compactifications in the presence of quantum perturbative corrections. We define a class of black holes that only exist in the presence of quantum corrections and that, consequently, can be considered as purely quantum black holes. The regularity conditions of the solutions impose the topological constraint h 1,1 > h 2,1 on the Calabi-Yau manifold, defining a class of admissible compactifications, which we prove to be non-empty for h 1,1 = 3 by explicitly constructing the corresponding Calabi-Yau manifolds, new in the literature.
KeywordsBlack Holes in String Theory Differential and Algebraic Geometry
- Quantum black holes in Type-IIA String Theory
Journal of High Energy Physics
- Online Date
- January 2013
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Black Holes in String Theory
- Differential and Algebraic Geometry
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Instituto de Física Teórica UAM/CSIC, C/ Nicolás Cabrera, 13-15, C.U. Cantoblanco, 28049, Madrid, Spain
- 2. Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford, 24-29 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LB, U.K.
- 3. Stanford Institute for Theoretical Physics and Department of Physics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 94305-4060, U.S.A.