Sharing Analysis Based on Type Inference
- Yasuhiko Minamide
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper presents a framework for sharing analysis based on type inference. The type system used in this paper is a modified version of Milner’s type system. The soundness of the analysis is defined by the semantics of types extended for sharing information and proved with respect to an operational semantics for a strict language. It is also shown that the information obtained by the analysis can be applied to compile-time garbage collection.
- Baker, H. G.: Unify and conquer (garbage, updatind, aliasing,…) in functional languages. In Proc. ACM Conf. Lisp and Functional Programming, 1990.
- Damas, L. and Milner, R.: Principal type-schemes for functional programs. In Proc. ACM Symp. on Principles of Prog. Languages, 1982.
- Inoue, K., Seki, H. and Yagi, H.: Analysis of functional programs to detect run-time garbage cells. ACM Transaction on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol. 10, No. 4,, 1988.
- Jensen, T. P.: Strictness analysis in logical form. In Proc. Functional Programming Languages and Computer Architecture, LNCS 523. Springer-Verlag, 1991.
- Jones, S. B. and Le Métayer, D.: Compile-time garbage collection by sharing analysis. In Functional Programming Languages and Computer Architecture. ACM Press, 1989.
- Kuo, T.-M. and Mishra, P.: Strictness analysis: A new perspective based on type inference. In Proc. Functional Programming Languages and Computer Architecture. ACM Press, 1989.
- Mycroft, A.: Abstract Interpretation and Optimizing Transformations for Applicative Programs. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science,University of Edinburgh, 1981. CST-15-81.
- Tofte, M.: Operational Semantics and Polymorphic Type Inference. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science,University of Edinburgh, 1988. CST-52-88.
- Tofte, M.: Type inference for polymorphic references. Information and Computation, Vol. 89, No. 1, 1990.
- Sharing Analysis Based on Type Inference
Formal Aspects of Computing
Volume 6, Issue 6 , pp 659-675
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Sharing analysis
- Type inference
- Compile-time garbage collection
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606, Japan