63rd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
- Sue Pochon
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The 63rd annual meeting of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) was held in Honolulu, HI, USA from 6th to 17th April 2011. The AAN was established in 1948 and now has more than 23 000 members and 140 full-time staff. Approximately 10 000 people from 90 countries attended the meeting, data from some 2500 studies were presented and around 3000 posters exhibited.
The AAN annual meeting combines educational, business and scientific elements, with data from a number of pivotal trials reported at the event each year. In 2011, some of the highlights of the scientific programme included the oral multiple sclerosis (MS) drugs: fingolimod, laquinimod, alemzumab, cladribine and BG-12. Data from experimental epilepsy drug perampenal were released and migraine specialists heard the latest on botulinum toxin A (onabotulinumtoxinA) and orally inhaled dihydroergotamine (DHE). In Parkinson’s disease (PD), data were presented for IPX066 and CERE-120.
Some of the most interesting and relevant science, a ...
- Glauser TA, Cnaan A, Shinnar S, et al. Ethosuximide, valproic acid, and lamotrigine in childhood absence epilepsy. N Engl J Med 2010; 362: 790–9 CrossRef
- Chollet F, Tardy J, Albucher JF, et al. Fluoxetine for motor recovery after acute ischaemic stroke (FLAME): a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Neurol 2011; 10 (2): 123–30 CrossRef
- Barth D, Nabavi Nouri M, Ng E, et al. Comparison of IVIg and PLEX in patients with myasthenia gravis. Neurology 2011; 76 (23): 2017–23 CrossRef
- 63rd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology
Volume 25, Issue 4 , pp 245-250
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Sue Pochon (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Adis, a Wolters Kluwer business, Auckland, New Zealand