Pharmacokinetics of chlordesmethyldiazepam after single-dose oral administration in humans
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The pharmacokinetics of chlordemethyldiazepam — a pharmacologically very active new 1,4-benzodiazepine derivative — in healthy subjects after administration of a single oral dose of 2 mg, was studied. Peak concentrations were reached in 1.2 ± 0.2 hours. Plasma levels declined with a biphasic pattern, and the elimination phase had a half-life of 82.9 ± 14.1 hours. The concentrations of the main metabolite of chlordemethyldiazepam, lorazepam, were about 7% of those of the parent compound. In urine only conjugated lorazepam could be found its 96 hour excretion reaching about 15% of the administered dose of parent drug.
- De Angelis L., Traversa V. and Vertua R. (1974): Structure activity relationship within the class of 1,4, benzodiazepines: presence of chlorine and central nervous system activities. Curr. Ther. Res.,16, 324–337.
- Traversa U., De Angelis L. and Vertua R. (1977): On the hypnogenic and anticonvulsant activities of demethyldiazepam and chlordemethyldiazepam: time-effect relations. J. Pharm. Pharmacol.,29, 504–506.
- Castellani A., Colafeiice M., Lorini M. and Perbellini D. (1979): A single blind, crossover comparison of the anxiolitic activity of chlordemethyldiazepam: analysis of single item changes. Clin. Ther.,2, 343–351.
- Agricola A., Mazzarino M., Agricola R., Urani R. and Fresia P. (1981): A double-blind, crossover clinical trial of chlordemethyldiazepam versus lorazepam in neurotic inpatients: activity on anxiety-depression symptoms. Clin. Ther.,4, 339–408.
- Dal Bo L., Marcucci F., Mussini E., Perbellini D., Castellani A. and Fresia P. (1980): Plasma levels of chlordesmethyldiazepam in human. Biopharm. Drug Dispos.,1, 123–126. CrossRef
- Lanzoni J., Airoldi L., Marcucci F. and Mussini E. (1979): Gas chromatographic determination of chlordesmethyl diazepam and lorazepam in rats and mice. J. Chromatogr.,168, 260–265. CrossRef
- Williams T.H. and Sasso G.J. (1979): Novel application of proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy in the identification of 2-chloronordiazepam in the dog. J. Med. Chem.,22, 436–440. CrossRef
- De Silva J.A.F., Bekersky I. and Puglisi C.V. (1973): The determination of 7-chloro-1,3-dihydro-5-(2,chlorphenyl)-2H-1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one (RO-5-3027) and its metabolite (lorazepam) in blood and urine by electron-capture gas-liquid chromatography. J. Chrom. Sc.,11, 547–554.
- Greenblatt D.J., Franke K. and Shader R.I. (1978): Analysis of Lorazepam and its glucuronide metabolite by electron-capture gas-liquid chromatography. Use in pharmacokinetic studies of Lorazepam. J. Chromatogr.,146, 311–320. CrossRef
- Sacchi Landriani G., Guardabasso V. and Rocchetti M. (1983): NL-FIT: a microcomputer program for non-linear fitting. Comput. prog. Biomed.,16, 35–42. CrossRef
- Bareggi S.R., Nielsen N.P., Leva S., Pirola R., Zecca L. and Lorini M. (1986): Age-related multiple-dose kinetics and anxiolytic effects of Delorazepam (Chlordesmethyldiazepam). Int. J. Clin. Pharm. Res.,6, 309–314.
- Greenblatt D.J., Shader R.I., Franke K., MacLaughlin D.S., Harmatz J.S., Divoll M.D., Werner A. and Woo E. (1979): Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of intravenous, intramuscular, and oral Lorazepam. J. Pharm. Sci.,68, 57–63. CrossRef
- Pharmacokinetics of chlordesmethyldiazepam after single-dose oral administration in humans
European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
Volume 11, Issue 3 , pp 171-174
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors