Particle imaging sizing: GLMT simulations
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Defocused off-axis images of particles are computed in the framework of the generalized Lorenz-Mie theory. Two exemplifying cases are studied: interferometric sizing at large off-axis angles and imaging in near forward directions (shadow Doppler velocimetry)
- Adrian, R. J., Multi-point optical measurements of simultaneous vectors in unsteady flow a review. Int. J. Heat and Fluid Flow, 7, 2, (1986), 127–145. CrossRef
- Prasad, A. K. and Adrian, R. J., Stereoscopic particle image velocimetry applied to liquid flows. In Six International Symposium on application of laser techniques to fluid mechanics, 20–23 July, Lisbon, Portugal (1992), 6-1-1.6-1-8.
- Lecordier, B., Mouqallid, M., Vottier, S., Rouland, E., Allano, D. and Trinité, M., CCD recording method for cross-correlation piv development in unstationary high speed flow. Experiments in Fluids, (1994).
- Durst, F. and Zaré, M., Laser Doppler measurements in two phase flows. In Proceedings of LDA-Symposium, Copenhagen (1975), 403–429.
- Saffman, M., Buchhave, P. and Tanger, H., Simultaneous measurement of size, concentration and velocity of spherical particles by a laser Doppler method. In Laser Anemometry in Fluid Mechanics-II, Ed: Adrian, Durao, Durst, Mishina and Whitelaw, LADOAN-Lisbon (1984), 85–104.
- Bachalo, W. D. and Houser, M. J., Phase/Doppler spray analyzer for simultaneous measurements of drop size and velocity distributions. Optical Engineering, 23, (1984), 583–590.
- Schaub, S. A., Alexander, D. R. and Barton, J. P., Theoretical model for the image formed by a spherical particle in a coherent imaging system: comparison to experiment. Opt. Eng., (1989), 565–571.
- Schaub, S. A., Alexander, D. R., Barton, J. P. and Emanuel, M.A., Laser beam interaction with methanol droplets: effects of relative beam diameter. Appl. Opt., 28, 9, (1989), 1666–1669. CrossRef
- Lebrun, D., Touil, C. E. and Özkul, C., Methods for the deconvolution of defocused-images pairs recorded separately on two CCD cameras: application to particle sizing. Appl. Opt., 35, 32, (1996), 6375–6381. CrossRef
- Ren, K. F., Lebrun, D., Özkul, C., Kleitz, A., Gouesbet, G. and Gréhan, G., On the measurement of particles by imaging methods: theoretical and experimental aspects. Part. Part. Syst. Charact., 13, (1996), 156–164. CrossRef
- Lebrun, D., Belaid, S., Özkul, C., Ren, K. F. and Gréhan, G., Enhancement of wire diameter measurements: comparison between Fraunhofer diffraction and Lorenz-Mie theory. Opt. Eng., 35, 4, (1996), 946–950. CrossRef
- Van de Hulst, H. C. and Wang, R. T., Glare points. Applied Optics, 30, 33, (1991), 4755–4763. CrossRef
- Lock, J. A. and Woodruff, J. R., Non-Debye enhancement in the Mie scattering of light from a single water droplet. Appl. Opt., 28, 3, (1989), 523–529. CrossRef
- Hesselbacher, K. H., Anders, K. and Frohn, A., Experimental investigation of Gaussian beam effects on the accuracy of a droplet sizing method. Applied Optics, 30, 33, (1991), 4930–4935. CrossRef
- Glover, A. R., Skippon, S. M. and Boyle, R.D., Interferometric laser imaging for droplet sizing: a method for droplet-size measurement in sparse spray systems. Applied Optics, 34, 36, (1995), 8409–8421. CrossRef
- Goodman, J. M., Introduction á l’optique de Fourrier et á l’Holographie. (1972) Traduit par C. Durou et J.P. Pérez de: Introduction to Fourier Optics (1968), McGraw Hill Company, New York.
- Stamnes, J. J., Wave in focal regions (1986)
- Hopkins, H. H., The numerical evaluation of the frequency response of optical systems. Proc. Phys. Soc. B., 70, (1957), 1002–1005. CrossRef
- Particle imaging sizing: GLMT simulations
Journal of Visualization
Volume 3, Issue 2 , pp 195-202
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Lorenz-Mie theory
- imaging diffraction