Canonical cactus representation for minimum cuts
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is known that all minimum cuts in a networkN can be embedded in a cactus whose size is bounded by a linear function of the number of vertices inN, such that any minimum cut ofN can be easily obtained as a minimum cut of the cactus. However, such a representation for a given network is not unique. We introduce two canonical forms of cactus representation for the minimum cuts and show their uniqueness. These cacti contain at most twice as many vertices asN.
- Ball, M.O., Provan, J.S. (1983) Calculating bounds on reachability in computer networks. Networks 13: pp. 253-278 CrossRef
- Bixby, R.E. (1975) The minimum number of edges and vertices in a graph with edge connectivityn andm n-bonds. Networks 5: pp. 253-298
- Dinits, E.A., Karzanov, A.V., Lomonosov, M.V. On the structure of a family of minimal weighted cuts in a graph. In: Fridman, A.A. eds. (1976) Studies in Discrete Optimization. Nauka, Moscow, pp. 290-306
- H.N. Gabow, Applications of a poset representation to edge connectivity and graph rigidity. Proc. 32nd IEEE Symp. Found. Comp. Sci., 1991, 812–821.
- Hopcroft, J., Tarjan, R.E. (1971) AO(V 2) algorithm for determining isomorphism of planar graphs. Inform. Process. Lett. 1: pp. 32-34 CrossRef
- Karzanov, A.V., Timofeev, E.A. (1986) Efficient algorithm for finding all minimal edge cuts of a nonoriented graph. Kibernetika 2: pp. 8-12
- Nagamochi, H., Sun, Z., Ibaraki, T. (1991) Counting the number of minimum cuts in undirected multigraphs. IEEE Trans. Reliability 40: pp. 610-614 CrossRef
- Nagamochi, H., Ibaraki, T. (1992) A linear time algorithm for computing 3-edge-connected components of a multigraph. Japan J. Indust. Appl. Math. 9: pp. 163-180 CrossRef
- H. Nagamochi and T. Kameda, An efficient construction of cactus representation for minimum cuts in undirected networks. Tech. Rep. CSS/LCCR TR92-04, School of Computing Science, Simon Fraser Univ., 1992.
- D. Naor, D. Gusfield and C. Martel, A fast algorithm for optimally increasing the edge connectivity. Proc. 31st Annual IEEE Symp. Found. Comp. Sci., St. Louis, 1990, 698–707.
- Naor, D., Vazirani, V.V. Representing and enumerating edge connectivity cuts inRNC. In: Dehne, F., Sack, J.-R., Santoro, N. eds. (1991) Proc. 2nd Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures. Springer Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York, pp. 273-285 CrossRef
- Canonical cactus representation for minimum cuts
Japan Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Volume 11, Issue 3 , pp 343-361
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- undirected multigraph
- cactus representation
- minimum cut
- canonical form
- Industry Sectors