A note on the stability of travelling wave solutions of Burgers’ equation
- Kenji Nishihara
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The stability of travelling wave solutions of Burgers’ equation is investigated. It is shown that the solution with the initial disturbance is explicitly represented by virtue of the Hopf transformation and tends to a travelling wave solution with the speed depending on behaviours at ±∞ of the initial disturbance.
- I. M. Gelfand, Some problems in the theory of quasilinear equations. Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. (2)29, 1963, 295–381.
- E. Hopf, The partial differential equationu t+uu x=μu xx Comm. Pure Appl. Math.,3 (1950), 201–230. CrossRef
- A. M. Il’in and O. A. Oleinik, Asymptotic behaviour of the solutions of the Cauchy problem for certain quasilinear equation for large time (Russian) Mat. Sb.,51 (93) (1960), 191–216.
- A. Matsumura and K. Nishihara, On the stability of travelling wave solutions of a one-dimensional model system for compressible viscous gas. Japan J. Appl. Math.,2 (1985), 17–25. CrossRef
- A note on the stability of travelling wave solutions of Burgers’ equation
Japan Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2, Issue 1 , pp 27-35
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Additional Links
- Burgers’ equation
- travelling wave solution
- Kenji Nishihara (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Tokyo National Technical College, 1220-2 Kunugida-cho, Hachioji, Tokyo, 193, Japan