Intense Ga-67 uptake in adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Gallium-67 citrate (Ga-67) scintigraphy was performed in a patient with adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas. Intense and homogeneous uptake was observed in the tumor. Few reports have dealt with Ga-67 findings in pancreatic cancers. Ga-67 uptake in the tumor was assumed to be due to accumulation in the component of squamous cell carcinoma. This case suggested that Ga-67 citrate scintigraphy may be useful in detecting adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas. To our knowledge, no report has described findings of Ga-67 citrate scintigraphy of adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas. Radiologists should remember adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas when encountering such scintigraphic findings.
- Ishikawa O, Matsui Y, Aoki I, Iwanaga T, Terasawa T, Wada A. Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas: a clinicopathologic study and report of three cases.Cancer 46: 1192–1196, 1980. CrossRef
- Saijo N, Maeda K, Kita S, Ishigaki S, Sone H, Koshida Y, et al. An autopsy case of squamous cell carcinoma arising from pancreas.Jpn J Clin Radiol 28: 313–315, 1983.
- Kudo M, Ikekubo K, Hino M, Todo A. Avid accumulation of Ga-67 citrate in adenocarcinoma of pancreas.Clin Nucl Med 14: 843–845, 1989. CrossRef
- Weiland FL, Carretta RF. Ga-67 citrate accumulation in a Sister Mary Joseph nodule.Clin Nucl Med 3: 335–336, 1978. CrossRef
- Silberstein EB. Cancer diagnosis. The role of tumor-imaging radiopharmaceuticals.Am J Med 60: 226–237, 1976. CrossRef
- Aburano T, Yokoyama K, Hisada K, Kakuma K, Ichiyanagi K. The role of Ga-67 citrate imaging in pancreatitis.Clin Nucl Med 13: 808–811, 1988. CrossRef
- Kennedy TD, Martin NL, Robinson RG, Preston DF. Identification of an infected pseudocyst of the pancreas with Ga-67 citrate: case report.J Nucl Med 16: 1132–1134, 1975.
- Intense Ga-67 uptake in adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas
Annals of Nuclear Medicine
Volume 11, Issue 1 , pp 41-43
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- adenosquamous carcinoma
- gallium-67 citrate
- pancreas cancer
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Nuclear Medicine, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, 13-1, Takara-machi, 920, Kanazawa, Japan