Effect of viscosity on internal waves from a source in a wall
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The solution for a line source of oscillatory strength kept at the origin in a wall bounding a semi-infinite viscous imcompressible stratified fluid is presented in an integral form. The behaviour of the flow at far field and near field is studied by an asymptotic expansion procedure. The streamlines for different parameters are drawn and discussed. The real characteristic straight lines present in the inviscid problem are modified by the viscosity and the solutions obtained are valid even at the resonance frequency.
- Mowbray, D. E. and Rarity, B. S. H.,J. Fluid Mech. 30 489 (1967). CrossRef
- Lighthill, M. J.,J. Fluid Mech. 27 725 (1967). CrossRef
- Stevenson, T. N. and Thomas, N. H.,J. Fluid Mech. 36 505 (1969). CrossRef
- Rehm, R. G. and Radt, H. S.,J. Fluid Mech. 68 235 (1975). CrossRef
- Hurley, D. G.,J. Fluid Mech. 36 657 (1969). CrossRef
- Hurley, D. G.,J. Fluid Mech. 56 721 (1972). CrossRef
- Yanowitch, M.,J. Fluid Mech. 29 209 (1967). CrossRef
- Thomas, N. H. and Stevenson, T. N.,J. Fluid Mech. 54 495 (1972). CrossRef
- Phillips, O. M.,The Dynamics of the Upper Ocean, Cambridge University Press (1969).
- Tuck, E. O.,J. Fluid Mech. 41 641 (1970). CrossRef
- Magnus, W., Oberhettinger, F. and Soni, R. P.,Formulas and Theorems for the special Functions of Muthematical Physics. New York, Springer-Verlag (1966).
- Effect of viscosity on internal waves from a source in a wall
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 85, Issue 5 , pp 351-366
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links