Wave propagation in a micropolar fluid contained in a visco-elastic membrane
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The aim of the paper is to investigate the propagation of a pulse in a micropolar fluid contained in a visco-elastic membrane. It was undertaken with a view to study how closely we can approximate the flow of blood in arteries by the above model. We find that for large Reynolds number, the effect of micropolarity is hardly perceptible, whereas for small Reynolds numbers it is of considerable importance.
- Eringen, A. C. (1966) Journal of Math. Mech. 16: pp. 1-1
- Morgan, G. W., Kiely, J. P. (1954) The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 26: pp. 323-323 CrossRef
- Womersley .. “An elastic tube theory of Pulse transmission and oscillatory flow in Mammalian Arteries,”Wright Air Development Centre, WADC Report, TR 56-614, 1957. Review by Rudinger—BiomedicalFluid Mech. Symposium, 1966, 1.
- Morgan, G. W., Ferrante, (1955) The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 27: pp. 715-715 CrossRef
- Wave propagation in a micropolar fluid contained in a visco-elastic membrane
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 72, Issue 3 , pp 108-120
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors