Note on the locally product and almost locally product structures
- Muppinaiya Nagaraj
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper is concerned with a study of some of the properties of locally product and almost locally product structures on a differentiable manifold X n of class C k . Every locally product space has certain almost locally product structures which transform the local tangent space to X n at an arbitrary point P in a set fashion: this is studied in Theorem (2.2). Theorem (2.3) considers the nature of transformations that exist between two co-ordinate systems at a point whenever an almost locally product structure has the same local representation in each of these co-ordinate systems. A necessary and sufficient condition for X n to be a locally product manifold is obtained in terms of the pseudo-group of co-ordinate transformations on X n and the subpseudo-groups [cf., Theoren (2.1)]. Section 3 is entirely devoted to the study of integrable almost locally product structures.
- Ficken, F. A... “The Riemannian and affine differential geometry of product spaces,”Annals of Mathematics, 1939,40, 892–913. CrossRef
- Alfred Frolicher.. “Zur Differentialgeometrie der Komplexen und Fast-Komplexen Structuren,”Mathematische Annalen, 1955,129, 50–95. CrossRef
- Václav Hlavaty.. “An almost complex space of orderp and characteristic (n 1,n 2, …n p),”Tensor, 1960,10, 90–124.
- —————..Geometry of Einstein’s Unified Field Theory, P. Noordhoff, Ltd., Groningen, Holland, 1957.
- Schouten, J. A...Ricci Calculus, Second Edition, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1954.
- Tracy Y. Thomas.. “Decomposition of Riemann spaces in the large,”Monatshefte für Mathematik und Physik, 1939, Band,49, 388–418. CrossRef
- Kentaro Yano..Differential Geometry on Complex and Almost Complex Spaces, Pergamon Press, Macmillan and Co., New York, 1965.
- Note on the locally product and almost locally product structures
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 65, Issue 5 , pp 270-282
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Applied Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore