Spectrophotometric and potentiometric investigations of copper (II)-ethanolamine complexes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Spectrophotometric and potentiometric investigations have been carried out on copper-monoethanolamine complexes. Job plots at 920, 760 and 620 mµ have indicated the formation of CuA++, CuA2/++ and CuA3 ++. The $\bar n - pA$ curves have been obtained by a slight modification of the method of corresponding solutions and by pH measurements. The $\bar n$ vs. pA curves obtained at different metal concentrations coincide indicating the formation of mononuclear complexes. Experiments conducted with 0·1. 0·2, 0·5 and 1·0 M monoethanolammonium ion indicate the formation of mononuclear hydroxy complexes above pH 6. The nature of E m vs pA curves is closely analogous to that of $\bar n$ vs. pA curves. Absorption spectra taken at pH 9·8 with different amounts of monoethanolamine has given evidence for the formation of (CuA3OH·A)+. $\bar n - pA$ curves have been analyzed and the values ofβ 1, 1,β 1, 2 andβ 1, 3 have been obtained. Curves showing the distribution of complexes and the absorption curves of the individual complexes (CuA++, CuA2/++, and CuA3/++) have been calculated.
- Subrahmanya, R. S...Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1957,46 A, 378.
- Bjerrum, J. ..D. Kgl. Danske Vidensk. Selskab, Math-bys. Medd., 1944,21 (4).
- Jorgensen, C. K. ..Absorption Spectra and Chemical Bonding in Complexes, Pergamon Press, 1962, p. 257.
- Vosburgh, W. C. and Cooper, G. R.J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1941,63, 437. CrossRef
- Martell, A. E. and Chaeberek, S.Organic Sequestering Agents, John Wiley and Sons, 1959, p. 81.
- Srinivasan, K. and Subrahmanya, R. S. Unpublished.
- Bjerrum, J. ..Kgl. Danske Vidensk. Selskab, Mat-fys. Medd., 1932,11, (10).
- Jorgensen, C. K...Acta Chem. Scand., 1954,8, 175. CrossRef
- Irving, H. and (Mrs.) Rossotti, H. S.J. Chem. Soc., 1953, p. 3397.
- Rossotti, F. J. C. and Rossotti, H. S.Acta Chem. Scand., 1955,9, 1166. CrossRef
- Bjerrum, J...Metal Amine Formation in Aqueous Solution, P. Hasse and Son, Copenhagen, 1954.
- Rossotti, and F. J. C. Rossotti, H. S.The Determination of Stability Constants, Mc Graw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1961, p. xii.
- Spectrophotometric and potentiometric investigations of copper (II)-ethanolamine complexes
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 58, Issue 3 , pp 161-176
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links