A central limit theorem for independent summands with infinite variances
- Z. Govindarajulu
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A central limit theorem for independent summands having variances tending to infinity at a certain rate is obtained. This result is extended to the cases where the sample size is random and where the random variables are vector-valued.
- Anscombe, F. J... “Large sample theory of sequential estimation,”Free. Cambridge Philos. Soc., 1952,48, 600–07. CrossRef
- Feller, William..An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications, Vol. II, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1966.
- Gnedenko, B. V. and Kolmogorov, A. N...Limit Distributions for Sums of Independent Random Variables. Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Inc., Cambridge, Mass., 1954, pp. 131–72.
- Mogyoródi, J... “On limiting distribution for sums of a random number of independent random variables,”Publ. of Math. Inst. of Hung. Acad. Sci., 1961,6, 365–71.
- —.. “A central limit theorem for the sum of a random number of independent random variables,”Ibid., 1962,7, 409–29.
- Trotter H. F... “An elementary proof of the central limit theorem,”Acrhiv. Der. Math., 1959,10, 226–34. CrossRef
- A central limit theorem for independent summands with infinite variances
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 78, Issue 3 , pp 89-99
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Z. Govindarajulu (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Kentucky, USA