Raman spectrum of triglycine selenate (G3Se), [(NH2CH2COOH)3 H2SeO4]
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The Raman spectrum of a single crystal of triglycine selenate G3Se which is ferroelectric below 22° C. has been photographed usingλ 2537 excitation. 42 Raman lines have been recorded of which 6 belong to the lattice spectrum, 3 are due to NH...O oscillations and the remaining 33 are due to internal oscillations of the ions of glycine and SeO 4 −− . There is a close similarity between the spectrum of triglycine selenate and the spectrum of its isomorph, triglycine sulphate, the frequency shifts due to the SO 4 −− ion being replaced by the frequency shifts due to the SeO 4 −− ion. The existence of glycine in the zwitterion form in the structure of G3Se is substantiated by the appearance in the Raman spectrum of lines which are attributable to NH 3 + groups and COO− groups. The appearance of the additional C-H line at 2982 cm.−1 in the spectrum of triglycine selenate which is absent in the spectrum ofα-glycine indicates the existence of planar monoprotonated glycine also in the structure, as indicated by X-ray studies.
- Dodd, D. M...Spectrochim Acta, 1959,12, 1072. CrossRef
- Ganesan, A. S...Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1934,1 A, 156.
- Gross, E. F. .. “Hydrogen Bonding” by D. Hadzi, Pergamon Press, 1959, p. 203.
- Krishnan, R. S. and Balasubramanian, K...Proc. Ind. Acad. Sci., 1958a,48A 55; 1958b,48A, 138.
- Mathias, B. T., Miller, C. R. and Remeika, J. P...Phys. Rev., 1956,104, 849. CrossRef
- Raman spectrum of triglycine selenate (G3Se), [(NH2CH2COOH)3 H2SeO4]
Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences - Section A
Volume 58, Issue 4 , pp 209-215
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links