Agent-based Drivers’ Information Assistance System
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
“Drivers’ Information Assistance System (DIA system)” is an ITS (Intelligent Transport Systems) application framework that provides agent-based information assistance to drivers through car navigation systems or on-board PCs.
DIA system enables flexible information retrieval over the Internet using intelligent mobile agent, and incorporates a high-speed event delivery facility that makes real-time information service possible. The goal of the system is to provide up to the minute information and services related to driver needs, such as parking lot vacancy information. Crucial to making this a practical operation is the agent-based ability to access the network while the vehicle is in motion.
- Chess, D., Harrison, C. and Kershenbaum, A., “Mobile Agents: Are They a Good Idea?,”Mobile Object Systems: Towards the Programmable Internet, LNCS 1222, Springer-Verlag, pp. 46–48, 1997.
- COMPASSLINK http://www.compasslink.co.jp (Japanese)
- ECJ—Event Centric for Java http://www2.toshiba.co.jp/ecj/index.htm
- INTERNAVI http://www.internavi.ne.jp/ (Japanese)
- ITGS (Intelligent Traffic Guidance System) http://www.mbj.mercedes-benz.com/news/news/itgs.html (Japanese)
- MONET http://www.tms.ne.jp/ (Japanese)
- Ohsuga, A., Nagai, Y., Irie, Y., Hattori, M., Honiden, S. (1997) PLANGENT: An Approach to Making Mobile Agents Intelligent. IEEE Internet Computing 1: pp. 50-57 CrossRef
- Plangent—An Intelligent Network Agent System http://www2.toshiba.co.jp/plangent/index.htm
- Wooldridge, M. and Jennings, N. R. (eds.), “Intelligent Agents,” LNAI 890, Springer-Verlag, 1995.
- Agent-based Drivers’ Information Assistance System
New Generation Computing
Volume 17, Issue 4 , pp 359-367
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Intelligent Agent
- Car Navigation Systems
- Industry Sectors