A new public-key encryption scheme based on LUCas sequence
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Investigated the properties of LUCas sequence(LUC), the paper proposed a new variant of (probabilistic) public-key encryption scheme. Security analysis of the proposed encryption schemes shows that its one-wayness is equivalent to partial LUC discrete logarithm problem in Z N, and for the proposed probabilistic encryption scheme, its semantic security is equivalent to decisional LUC Diffie-Hellman problem in Z N. At last, the efficiency of the proposed schemes is briefly analyzed.
- W. Diffie, M. E. Hellman, New directions in cryptography, IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, IT-22(1976)6, 644–654. CrossRef
- R. Rivest, A. Shamir, et al., A method for obtaining digital signatures and public-key cryptosystems, Communications of the ACM, 21(1978)2, 120–126. CrossRef
- P. Smith, M. Lennon, LUC: A new public-key system, Proceedings of the IFIP TC11, Ninth International Conference on Information Security: Computer Security, Toronto, May 12–14, 1993, 103–117.
- D. Bleichenbacher, W. Bosma, et al., Some remarks on Lucas-based cryptosystems, Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO’95, LNCS 963, Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 1995, 386–396.
- M. Adleman, J. DeMarrais, A subexponential algorithm over all finite fields, Advances in Cryptology-CRYPTO’93, LNCS 773, Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 1993, 147–158.
- A. E. Brouwer, R. Pellikaan, et al., Doing more with fewer bits, Advances in Cryptology-ASIACRYPT’99, LNCS 1716, Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 1999, 321–332.
- P. Paillier, Efficient public-key cryptosystem provably secure against active adversaries, Advances in Cryptology-ASIACRYPT’99, LNCS 1716, Springer-Verlag, 1999, 159–179.
- I. B. Damgard, M. J. Jurik, Efficient protocols based on probabilistic encryption using composite degree residue classes, http://www.brics.dk/RS/00/5/BRICS-RS-00-5.pdf.
- S. J. Li, X. Q. Mou, et al., Problems with a probabilistic encryption scheme based on chaotic systems, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 13(2003)10, 3063–3077. CrossRef
- D. Boneh, The decision Diffie-Hellman problem, Third Algorithmic Number Theory Symposium, LNCS 1423, Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 1998, 48–63. CrossRef
- S. M. Yen, C. S. Laih, Common-multiplicand multiplication and its applications to public key cryptography, Electronics Letters, 29(1993)17, 1583–1584. CrossRef
- S. M. Yen, C. S. Laih, Fast algorithms for LUC digital signature computation, IEE Proceeding of Computers and Digital Techniques, 142(1995)2, 165–169. CrossRef
- A new public-key encryption scheme based on LUCas sequence
Journal of Electronics
Volume 22, Issue 5 , pp 490-497
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science Press
- Additional Links
- Probabilistic public-key encryption scheme
- LUCas sequence(LUC)
- Discrete logarithm
- Integer factorization
- Industry Sectors