Date: 09 Jan 2009
Factoring on a Computer
- H. C. Williams
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Adelman, L. M., Pomerance, C., Rumely, R. S. (1983) On distinguishing prime numbers from composite numbers. Annals of Mathematics 117: pp. 173-206 CrossRef
- Beiler, A. H. (1964) Recreations in the Theory of Numbers—the Queenof Mathematics Entertains. Dover, New York
- Brent, R. P., Pollard, J. H. (1981) Factorization of the eighth Fermat number. Math. Comp. 36: pp. 627-630 CrossRef
- J. Brillhart, D. H. Lehmer, J. L. Selfridge, B. Tuckerman and S. S. Wagstaff, Jr.,Factorizations of b“ ±1 up to high powers, to be published by the Amer. Math. Soc.
- Brillhart, J. (1981) Fermat’s factoring method and its variants. Congressus Numerantium 32: pp. 29-48
- H. Cohen and H. W. Lenstra Jr., Primality testing and Jacobi sums,Math. Comp., to appear. 7. J. D. Dixon, Factorization and primality tests,Amer. Math. Monthly, to appear.
- J. L. Gerver, Factoring large numbers with a quadratic sieve,Math. Comp., to appear.
- R. K. Guy (1975) How to factor a number,Proc. 5th Manitoba Conf. on Numerical Math., pp. 49–89.
- Knuth, D. E. (1981) The Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 2Semi numerical Algorithms. Addison Wesley, Reading, Mass
- Lehmer, D. N. (1932) Hunting big game in the theory of numbers. Scripta Math. 1: pp. 229-235
- L. Monier (1980)Algorithmes de factorisation d’entiers, Thèse de 3me cycle, Orsay.
- Morrison, M. A., Brillhart, J. (1975) A method of factoring and the factorization of F7. Math. Comp. 29: pp. 183-205
- D. Parkinson and M. C. Wunderlich, A memory efficient algorithm for Gaussian elimination over GF(2) on parallel computers, in preparation.
- Pollard, J. M. (1974) Theorems on factorization and primality testing. Proc. Camb. Philos. Soc. 76: pp. 521-528 CrossRef
- Pollard, J. M. (1975) A Monte Carlo method for factorization. BIT 15: pp. 331-334 CrossRef
- Pomerance, C. (1981) Recent developments in primality testing. Math. Intelligencer 3: pp. 97-105 CrossRef
- C. Pomerance, Analysis and comparison of some integer factoring algorithms,Number Theory and Computers (H. W. Lenstra Jr., and R. Tijdeman, eds.), Math. Centrum Tracts, Number 154, Part I and Number 155, Part II, Amsterdam, 1983.
- C. Pomerance and S. S. Wagstaff Jr. (1982) Implementation of the continued fraction integer factoring algorithm,Proc. 12th Winnipeg Conf. on Numerical methods and computing, to appear.
- G. J. Simmons (ed.) (1982)Secure communications and asymmetric cryptosystems, AAAS selected symposium 69, Boulder.
- J. W. Smith and S. S. Wagstaff Jr., How to crack an RSA cryptosystem,Congressus Numerantium, to appear.
- Williams, H. C. (1978) Primality testing on a computer. Ars Combinatoria 5: pp. 127-185
- Williams, H. C. (1982) A p + 1 method of factoring. Math. Comp. 39: pp. 225-234
- Wunderlich, M. C., Selfridge, J. L. (1974) A design for a number theory package with an optimized trail division routine. Comm. ACM 17: pp. 272-276 CrossRef
- M. C. Wunderlich, Implementing the continued fraction factoring algorithm on parallel machines, unpublished manuscript.
- M. C. Wunderlich, Recent advances in the design and implementation of large integer factorization algorithms, unpublished manuscript.
- Factoring on a Computer
The Mathematical Intelligencer
Volume 6, Issue 3 , pp 29-37
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- H. C. Williams (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Computer Science, University of Manitoba, R3T2N2, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada