Landuse map of jharia coalfield, eastern india, aided by remote sensing
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Land use conditions are bound to change in any area where some amount of mining activity is going on every day. For such a field, a land use map of existing conditions helps much in monitoring the damages to land use caused by mining, if the pre-mining land use conditions are known. Further, such maps help in formulating the final land use plan, as an input information about capability of each and every parcel of land in that field.
With this view, a land use map of Jharia coalfield for 1987 has been prepared using satellite imagery data. This has helped much by saving time and giving an overall picture of land use pattern of the entire coalfield.
- Coates, D. R. (1981) Environmental Geology, John Willey & Sons. New York, 691 P.
- Ghosh, Rekha (1987) Land use and land protection in mining areas — a case study in Jharia coalfield. Jour. Geol. Soc. Ind. Banglore, V. 29, No. 2, pp 250–255.
- —— (1988) Environmental impacts of coal mining in Jharia coalfield, its past, present and future. Trans. MGMI V. 85, No.2 pp 90–98.
- —— (1989) Mining in Jharia coalfield eastern India, an estimation of its impact index. Jour. Geol. Soc. Ind. Banglore V. 33, No.4, pp 353–360.
- Landuse map of jharia coalfield, eastern india, aided by remote sensing
Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing
Volume 18, Issue 1-2 , pp 23-28
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links