Solving the problem of spinal-induced hypotension in obstetric anesthesia
- Alison Macarthur
- … show all 1 hide
- Lee A, Ngan Kee WD, Gin T. Prophylactic ephedrine prevents hypotension during spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery but does not improve neonatal out-come: a quantitative systemic review. Can J Anesth 2002; 49: 588–99.
- Emmett RS, Cyna AM, Andrew M, Simmons SW. Techniques for preventing hypotension during spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001; 3: CD 002251.
- Kinsella SM, Lohmann G. Supine hypotensive syndrome. Obstet Gynecol 1994; 83: 774–88.
- Holmes F. The supine hypotensive syndrome. Anaesthesia 1995; 50: 972–7. CrossRef
- Hawkins JL, Koonin LM, Palmer SK, Gibbs CP. Anesthesia-related deaths during obstetric delivery in the United States, 1979–1990. Anesthesiology 1997; 86: 277–84. CrossRef
- Chadwick HS, Posner K, Caplan RA, Ward RJ, Cheney FW. A comparison of obstetric and nonobstetric anesthesia malpractice claims. Anesthesiology 1991; 74: 242–9. CrossRef
- Morgan PJ, Halpern SH, Tarshis J. The effects of an increase of central blood volume before spinal anesthesia for cesarean delivery: a qualitative systematic review. Anesth Analg 2001; 92: 997–1005. CrossRef
- Frölich MA. Role of the atrial natriuretic factor in obstetric spinal hypotension. Anesthesiology 2001; 95: 371–6. CrossRef
- Anderson L, Walker J, Brydon C, Serpell MG. Rate of injection through Whitacre needles affects distribution of spinal anaesthesia. Br J Anaesth 2001; 86: 245–8. CrossRef
- Marcus MAE, Mollhoff T, Buerkle H, Brodner G, Van Aken H. Which parameter measures the effectiveness of volume preload in pregnant patients? (Letter). Anesthesiology 2000; 93: 1364. CrossRef
- Solving the problem of spinal-induced hypotension in obstetric anesthesia
Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 49, Issue 6 , pp 536-539
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Alison Macarthur (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Anesthesia, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, M5G 1X5, Toronto, Ontario, Canada