The compelling rationale for less preoperative testing
- Michael F. Roizen
- … show all 1 hide
- Charpak Y, Blery C, Chastang C, Szatan M, Fourgeaux B. Prospective assessment of a protocol for selective ordering of preoperative chestx-rays. Can J Anaesth 1988; 35: 259–64. CrossRef
- Roizen MF. Routine preoperative evaluation.In: Anesthesia. Miller RD (Ed), 2nd edition, 1: 225–54. New York, Churchill Livingstone, 1986.
- Roizen MF, Kaplan EB, Schreider BD, Lichtor JL, Orkin FK. The relative roles of the history and physical examination and laboratory testing in preoperative evaluation for outpatient surgery: the “Starling Curve” of preoperative laboratory testing. Anesthesiology Clinics of North America 1987; 5(1): 15–34.
- Levinstein MR, Ouslander JG, Rubenstein LZ, Forsythe SB. Yield of routine annual laboratory tests in a skilled nursing home population. JAMA 1987; 258: 1909. CrossRef
- Robertson WM. Medical malpractice: a preventive approach. Seattle, University of Washington Press, 1985.
- Kaplan EB, Sheiner LB, Boeckmann MS et al. The usefulness of preoperative laboratory screening. JAMA 1985; 253:3576–81. CrossRef
- The compelling rationale for less preoperative testing
Canadian Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 35, Issue 3 , pp 214-218
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, 60637, Chicago, Illinois