L P-Integrability of derivatives of Riemann mappings on Ahlfors-David regular curves
- Byron L. Walden
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In 1981, Hayman and Wu proved that for any simply connected domain Ω and any Riemann mappingF: Ω →D,F′ ∈ L1 (L ∩ Ω), whereL is any line in the complex plane. Several years later, Fernández, Heinonen and Martio showed that there is anε > 0 such thatF′ ∈ L1+∈(L ∩ Ω). The question arises as to which curves other than lines satisfy such a statement. A curve Γ is said to be Ahlfors-David regular if there is a constantA such that for any B(x, r) (the disk of radiusr centered atx), l(Γ ∩ B(x, r))≤ Ar. The major result of the paper is the following theorem: Let Γ be an Ahlfors-David regular curve with constantA. Then there exists an∈ > 0, depending only onA, such thatF′ ∈ L1+∈(Γ ∩ Ω). This result is the synthesis of the extension of Fernández, Heinonen and Martio, and the result of Bishop and Jones showing thatF′ ∈ L1(Γ ∩ Ω). The proof of the results uses a stopping-time argument which seeks out places in the curve where small pieces may be added in order to control the portions of the curve where ¦F′ ¦ is large. This is accomplished with an estimate on the vanishing of the harmonic measure of the curve in such places. The paper also includes simpler arguments for the special cases where Γ = ∂Ω and Γ ⊂Ω.
- L. Ahlfors,Complex Analysis (3rd ed.), McGraw-Hill, New York, 1979.
- A. Baernstein II,A counterexample concerning integrability of derivatives of conformal mappings, J. Analyse Math.53 (1989), 253–272.
- A. Beardon,Geometry of Discrete Groups, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1983.
- C. Bishop and P. W. Jones,Harmonic measure and arclength, Ann. of Math.132 (1990), 511–547. CrossRef
- C. Bishop and P. W. Jones,Harmonic measure, L2 estimates and the Schwarzian derivative, J. Analyse Math. (to appear).
- L. Carleson,Estimates of Harmonic Measures, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Ser. A I. Math.7 (1982), 25–32.
- R. R. Coifman and C. Fefferman,Weighted norm inequalities for maximal functions and singular integrals, Studia Math.51 (1974), 241–250.
- J.-L. Fernández and D.H. Hamilton,Lengths of curves under conformal mapping, Comm. Math. Helv.62 (1987), 122–134. CrossRef
- J.-L. Fernández, J. Heinonen, and O. Martio,Quasilines and conformal mappings, J. Analyse Math.52 (1989), 117–132. CrossRef
- J.-L. Fernández and M. Zinsmeister,Ensembles de niveau des representations conformes, C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris305 (1987), 449–452.
- J.B. Garnett,Bounded Analytic Functions, Academic Press, New York, 1983.
- J.B. Garnett,Applications of Harmonic Measure, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1986.
- F. W. Gehring,The L P -integrability of the partial derivatives of a quasiconformal mapping, Acta Math.130 (1973), 265–277. CrossRef
- W. K. Hayman and G. Wu,Level sets of univalent functions, Comm. Math. Helv.56 (1981), 366–403. CrossRef
- P. W. Jones,Rectifiable sets and the traveling Salesman problem, Invent. Math.102 (1990), 1–15. CrossRef
- D. S. Jerison and C. E. Kenig,Hardy spaces, A ∞ and singular integrals on chord-arc domains, Math. Scand.50 (1982), 221–248.
- Ch. Pommerenke,Univalent Functions, Vanderhoeck and Ruprecht, Göttingen, 1975.
- G. Piranian and A. Weitsman,Level sets of infinite length, Comm. Math. Helv.53 (1978), 161–164. CrossRef
- K. Øyma,Harmonic measure and conformal length, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. (to appear).
- K. Øyma,The Hayman-Wu constant, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. (to appear).
- L P-Integrability of derivatives of Riemann mappings on Ahlfors-David regular curves
Journal d’Analyse Mathématique
Volume 63, Issue 1 , pp 231-253
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Byron L. Walden (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of New South Wales, 2033, Kensington, New South Wales, Australia