Wheat crop classification using multidate IRS LISS-I data
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Multi temporal dat acquired at different growth stages increases the dimensionality information content and have advantage over single date data for crop classification. Attempt was made to select suitable single date and combination of multidate data for wheat crop classification in Nalanda district of Bihar state where pulses and other crops are also grown in rabi season. Amongst the single date data February data was found to be better for wheat classification in comparison to November. January, March and April data. Combination of first two principal components each derived from IRS LISS-I four band data acquired in January and February was found to be the best set. Wheat classification accuracy achieved was 94.54 percent.
- Boatwright G O and Whitehead V S (1986). Early warning and crop condition assessment research, IEEE Trans. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, GE-24-(1):54–64.
- Brisco B and Brown R J (1992). Multidate SAR/TM synergism for crop classification in Western Canada. PERS Vol. 61(8):1009–1014.
- Brisco B, Brown R J, Gairns J G and Snider B (1995). Temporal radar observations of crops in western Canada. Can. J. Remote Sensing, 18(1):14–21.
- Crist E P and Cicone R C (1984). Comparisons of the dimensionality and features of simulated Landsat 4 MSS and TM data. Remote sensing of Env. 14:235–246. CrossRef
- Ehrilich D, Estes J, Seepan J (1990). Improving crop type determination using satellite imagery, A study for the Regione Del Veneto, Italy. Geocarto Int. (2):35–47.
- Gomarasca M A, Zilioli E, Tomasoni R, Brivio P A and Pagnoni F (1991). Some results on crop inventory and yield forecasting using landsat TM multitemporal data in Northern Italy. Proc. Int. Symp. on Remote senting of Env., Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, 27–31 May, 1991:115–124.
- Hudson W D (1987). Evaluation of several classification schemes for mapping forest cover types in Michigan, Int. J. Remote Sensing, 8(12):1785–1796. CrossRef
- Kalensky Z and Scherk L R (1975). Accuracy of forest mapping from Landsat computer compatible tapes. Proc. 10th Int. Symp. Remote Sensing of Env., Michigan. pp. 1159–1163.
- Medhavy T T, Patnaik C, Patel N K, Srivastava S K, Mishra N K, Sanjay K, Singh K R P (1993). Wheat crop inventory for 1992–93 in northern plains of Bihar using Satellite digital data. Proc. Nat. Symp. on remote sensing application for resource management with special emphasis on North Eastern region, Guwahati, Nov. 26–27, 335–341.
- Mauser W (1986). Multitemporal analysis of the phenological stage of vegetation using TM data in Southern Black Forest. Proc. IGARSS ’86, Vol. III, p. 1461.
- Mauser W (1987) Agricultural landuse classification in the Rhine valley using multitemporal TM data. Proc. of workshop on ‘Earthnet pilot project as Landsat Thematic Mapper Applications, Frascatle, Italy. Dec. 1987, ESA SP-1102-15BN 92-9092 May 1989; 191–198.
- Navalgund R R, Parihar J S, Ajai Nageswar Rao P P (1991). Crop inventory using remotely sensed data. Current Sc. 6(3&4):162–171.
- Nieuwenhuis G J A, Van Amsterdam J D, Schotlen C G J and Thunnissen (1992). Landcover monitoring in the Netherlands applying satellite remote sensing, Proc. of Symp. Remote sensing for environment monitoring and resource management, Munich, Germany: 489–495
- Odenweller J B and Johnson K I (1984). Crop identification using Landsat temporal-spectral profiles. Remote sensing of Env. 14:39–54. CrossRef
- Ryerson R A, Dobbins R N and Thibault C (1985). Timely crop area estimates from Landsat. PERS, 51(11):1735–1743.
- Wheat crop classification using multidate IRS LISS-I data
Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing
Volume 26, Issue 1-2 , pp 7-14
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links