The probable errors of calculated linkage values, and the most accurate method of determining gametic from certain zygotic series
- J. B. S. Haldane
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Formulae are given for the probable errors of linkage and reduplication values calculated from the offspring of crosses of typesAB. ab ×abab, Ab.aB ×abab,AB.ab ×AB.ab, andAb.aB ×Ab. aB.
A method is given by which the best possible linkage values may be calculated from the offspring of the latter two crosses, i.e. fromF 2.
If this method is employed,F 2 is almost as accurate a means of measuring linkage as are the offspring fromF 1 × double recessive; it is also slightly more sensitive as a means for the detection of linkage.
- Todhunter.History of the Theory of Probability, p. 555.
- Morgan andBridges. “ Sex-linked inheritance in Drosophila.”Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916.
- Altenburg.Genetics, Vol. I. p. 354, 1916.
- Punnett.Journal of Genetics, Vol. VI. No. 3, 1917.
- Bridges.American Naturalist, Vol. XLVIII. p. 524, 1914.
- The probable errors of calculated linkage values, and the most accurate method of determining gametic from certain zygotic series
Journal of Genetics
Volume 8, Issue 4 , pp 291-297
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- J. B. S. Haldane (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. New College, Oxford