Total synthesis of sufentanil
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Sufentanil, a potent anilidopiperidine analgesic, was synthesized from a simple thiophenylethylamine via six step sequence. The key parts of this synthesis involved an efficient construction of thiophenylethylpiperidone by aminomethano desilylation-cyclization followed by Swern oxidation and a direct regioselectiveN-nucleophilic spiral epoxide cleavage with aniline promoted by Lewis acids.
- Borne, R. F., Fifer, E. K. and Waters, I. W., Conformationally restrained fentanyl analogues., 2. Synthesis and analgesic evaluation of perhydro-1,6-naphthyridin-2-ones.J. Med. Chem., 27, 1271–1275 (1984). CrossRef
- Borum, O. and Wiley, R., Conversion of α-Amino Acid to Acylamide Ketones and Oxazoles.J. Am. Chem. Soc., 70, 2005–2006 (1948). CrossRef
- Grieco, P. A. and Fobare, W. F., Intramolecular variants of aminomethano desilylation: Reactions ofin situ generated imminium ions with allylsilanes.Tetrahedron Lett., 27, 5067–5070 (1986). CrossRef
- Janssen, P. J. A. and Van der Eycken, A. M.,Drugs affecting the central nervous system, Burget, A. Ed., Marcel Dekker, New York, pp 51–54 (1986).
- Larsen, S. D., Grieco, P. A. and Fobare, W. F., Reactions of allylsilanes with simple imminium salts in water: A facile route to piperidines via an aminomethano desilylation-cyclization process.J. Am. Chem. Soc., 108, 3512–3513 (1986). CrossRef
- Ohno, K., Nishiyama, H. and Nagase, H., A mild methylation of Alcohols with Diazomethane Catalyzed by Silica Gel.Tetrahedron Lett., 4405–4406 (1979).
- Omura, K. and Swern, D., Oxidation of alcohols by “activated” dimethyl sulfoxide. A preparative steric and mechanistic study.Tetrahedron, 34, 1651–1660 (1978). CrossRef
- Suh, Y.-G., Shin, D.-Y., Cho, K.-H. and Ryu, J.-S., Concise and versatile synthesis of N-arylalkylpiperidine as potential intermediates for 4-anilidopiperidine analgesics.Heterocycles, 48, 239–242 (1998). CrossRef
- Total synthesis of sufentanil
Archives of Pharmacal Research
Volume 22, Issue 4 , pp 398-400
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Pharmaceutical Society of Korea
- Additional Links
- Total Synthesis
- Industry Sectors