High-performance liquid chromatographic analysis of chrysin derivatives on a Nova-Pak® C18 column
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A high-performance liquid chromatographic method has been developed for the separation and quantification of chrysin and synthetic chrysin derivatives (12 chrysin alkyl and 7 chrysin acyl derivatives). The chromatography was performed using a Nova-Pak® C18 column. A RP-HPLC was performed by using a binary mixture (MeOH-10 mM H3P04) as a mobile phase, and the column temperature was maintained at room temperature. A flow rate was 1.0 ml/min, and the effluent was monitored at a wavelenth of 280 nm. The retention times for chrysin acyl and alkyl derivatives were within 10 minutes and 20 minutes, respectively. The absolute recovery of samples were all over 96%. The detection limits were 0.1~18 ng at S/N = 3 ratio.
- Ward, R. S. and Pelter, A.,J. Chromatogr. Sci., 12, 571 (1974).
- Wulf, L. W. and Nagel, C. W.,J. Chromatogr. Sci., 116, 271 (1976). CrossRef
- Daigle, D. J. and Conkerton, E. J., High-performance liquid chromatography of 34 selected flavonoids.Journal of Chromatography, 240, 202–205 (1982). CrossRef
- Greenham, J., Williams, C. and Harborne, J. B., Identification of Lipophilic Flavonols by a combination of Chromatographic and Spectral Techniques.Phytochemical Analysis, 35, 211–217 (1995). CrossRef
- Harborne, J. B., Williams, C.A., Greenham, J. and Eagles, J., Variations in the lipophilic and vacuolar flavonoids of the genus Vellozia.Phytochemistry, 35, 1475–1480 (1994). CrossRef
- Shim, S-H., Shin, J. S., Kim, M-B., Kim, H-J., Kim, W-K., Kim, S-J., and Kim, B-K., Properties and Anti-diabetic Effect of 7-O-p-Fluoro-benzoylchrysin.J. Appl. Pharmaco., 6, 256–260 (1998).
- High-performance liquid chromatographic analysis of chrysin derivatives on a Nova-Pak® C18 column
Archives of Pharmacal Research
Volume 25, Issue 5 , pp 613-616
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Pharmaceutical Society of Korea
- Additional Links
- Chrysin ethers
- Chrysin esters
- NOVA-PAK® C18 Column
- Industry Sectors