Studies of structure activity relationship of flavonoids for the anti-allergic actions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The structure activity relationship of flavonoids for anti-allergic actions was studied by determining the IC50 values for the degranulation. The hexosaminidase release from RBL-2H3 cells (degranulation marker) was employed as an estimate for the anti-allergic actions. Among 22 flavonoid compounds tested, luteolin, apigenin, diosmetin, fisetin, and quercetin were found to be most active with IC50 values less than 10 μM.
- Choi, O. H., Kim, J. H. and Kinet, J. P., Calcium mobilization via sphingosine kinase in signaling by the Fcε RI antigen receptor.Nature, 380, 634–636 (1996). CrossRef
- Fanning, M. J., Macander, P., Drzewiecki, G. and Middleton, E., Jr., Quercetin inhibits anaphylactic contraction of guinea pig ileum smooth muscle.Int. Arch. Allergy Appl. Immunol, 71, 371–373 (1983).
- Fewtrell, C. M. and Gomperts, B. D., Effect of flavone inhibitors of transport ATPases on histamine secretion from rat mast cells.Nature, 265, 635–636 (1977). CrossRef
- Fischer, M. J., Paulussen, J. J., Horbach, D. A., Roelofsen, E. P., van Miltenburg, J. C., de Mol, N. J. and Janssen, L. H., Inhibition of mediator release in RBL-2H3 cells by some H1-antagonist derived anti-allergic drugs: relation to lipophilicity and membrane effects.Inflamm. Res, 44, 92–97 (1995). CrossRef
- Kim, C. J. and Chung, J. M., Pharmacological activites of flavonoids (I)-relationship of chemical structure of flavonoids and their inhibitory activity of hypersensitivities.Yakhak Hoeji, 34, 348–364 (1990).
- Kinet, J. P., Metzger, H., Hakimi, J. and Kochan, J., A cDNA presumptively coding for the alpha subunit of the receptor with high affinity for immunoglobulin E.Biochemistry, 26, 4605–4610 (1987). CrossRef
- Marquardt, D. L. and Wasserman, S. I., Modulation of rat serosal mast cell biochemistry byin vivo dexamethasone administration.J. Immunol, 131, 934–939 (1983).
- Middleton, E., Jr and Drzewiecki, G., Flavonoid inhibition of human basophil histamine release stimulated by various agents.Biochem Pharmacol, 33, 3333–3338 (1984). CrossRef
- Ra, C., Jouvin, M. E. and Kinet, J. P., Complete structure of the mouse mast cell receptor for IgE (rat-mouse-human) on transfected cells.J. Biol. Chem, 264, 15323–15327 (1989).
- Schwartz, L. B., Lewis, R. A., Seldin, D. and Austen, K. F., Acid hydrolases and tryptase from secretory granules of dispersed human lung mast cells.J. Immunol, 126, 1290–1294 (1981).
- Shimizu, A., Tepler, I., Benfey, P. N., Berenstein, E. H., Siraganian, R. P. and Leder, P., Human and rat mast cell high-affinity immunoglobulin E receptors: characterization of putative α-chain gene products.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 85, 1907–1911 (1988). CrossRef
- Studies of structure activity relationship of flavonoids for the anti-allergic actions
Archives of Pharmacal Research
Volume 21, Issue 4 , pp 478-480
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Pharmaceutical Society of Korea
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors