Changes in the oral tradition among the jews of kurdistan
- Donna Shai
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Arya, U. 1968 Ritual Songs and Folksongs of the Hindus of Surinam. Leiden: E.J. Brill.
- Gerson-Kiwi, E. 1971 “The Music of Kurdistan Jews: A Synopsis of their Musical Styles.” In A Shiloah (ed.) Yuval: Studies of the Jewish Music Research Centre, 2: 59–72.
- Goitein, S.D. 1964 Jews and Arabs: Their Contacts Through the Ages. New York: Schocken Books.
- Goldstein, K.S. 1963 “Riddling Traditions in Northeastern Scotland,” Journal of American Folklore, 76: 330–36. CrossRef
- Goldstein, K.S. 1971 “On the Application of the Concepts of Active and Inactive Traditions to the Study of Repertory,” Joumal of American Folklore, 84: 62–67. CrossRef
- Noy, D. 1974 “Jewish-Gentile Relationships and Confrontation as Reflected in the Folktales of the Jews of Kurdistan.” Paper presented at the International Conference on Jewish Communities in Muslim Lands, Jerusalem.
- Patai, R. 1946 “Problems and Tasks of Jewish Folklore and Ethnology,” Journal of American Folklore, 59: 23–29.
- Patai, R. 1953 Israel Between East and West: A Study in Human Relations. Philadelphia: The Jewish Publication Society of America.
- Rivlin, Y. 1959Shirat Yehudei Hatargum. Jerusalem (in Hebrew).
- Sabar, Y. 1974 “A Survey of the Oral and Written Literature of the Kurdish Jews.” Unpublished manuscript.
- Schwarzbaum, H. 1968 Studies in Jewish and World Folklore. Berlin: WalterDeGruyter & Co.
- Shai, D. 1970 Neighborhood Relations in an Immigrant Quarter: A Social-Anthropological Study. Jerusalem: Henrietta Szold Institute (Research Report No. 149).
- Shai, D. 1973 “The Custom of the ‘Foundation Sacrifice’ among Kurdish Jews in Kurdistan and in Israel.” Paper presented at the Sixth World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem.
- Shai, D. 1974a “The Kurdish Jewish Wedding as an Occasion for Innovation in Folk Song.” Paper presented at the Fifteenth Annual Conference of the Israel Institute For Sacred Music, Jerusalem, and forthcoming in E. Na’aman (ed.) Dokhan, the Journal of the Israel Institute for Sacred Music.
- Shai, D. 1974b “Wedding Customs among the Jews of (Zakho) Kurdistan and (Jerusalem) Israel.” In I. Ben-Ami and D. Noy (eds.) Studies in Marriage Customs, Folklore Research Center Studies, 4: 253-266.
- Shai, D. 1975a “A Kurdish Jewish Variant of the Ballad of ‘The Bridge of Arta.’” In Association for Jewish Studies Review, New York: Utav.
- Shai, D. 1975b Transmission and Change in Folk Literature of the Jews of Zakho, Kurdistan, Following their Immigration to Israel: a Collection and Analysis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Thompson, S. 1951 The Folktale. New York: Dryden Press.
- Changes in the oral tradition among the jews of kurdistan
Volume 5, Issue 1 , pp 2-10
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Donna Shai (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania