Efficient non-repudiation multicast source authentication schemes
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In secure multicast communication, packet source authentication is a bottleneck problem due to the dynamic property of the multicast group, unreliability of data transmission and the large number of data packets. This paper proposes a novel authentication scheme called B-MSAS (Balance Multicast Source Authentication Scheme) that can be used to solve this problem, in which a new message authentication technique is introduced. This scheme dramatically reduces the signature size overhead and raises the signature rate. It provides the non-repudiation service, high loss resistance, and can easily be scaled up to potentially millions of receivers, and hence has a sweeping applicability. It should have applications to many practical problems.
- Bruce Schneier. Applied Cryptography, Second Edition: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1996.
- Gennaro R, Rohatgi P. How to sign digital streams. InAdvances in Cryptology — CRYPTO’99, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1294, Springer-Verlag, 1997, pp.180–197.
- Wong C K, Lam S. Digital signatures for flows and multicasts. Technical Report, TR-98-15, Department of Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 1998.
- Perrig A, Canetti R, Tygar D, Song D. Efficient authentication and signing of multicast streams over lossy channels. In2000 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P 2000), Berkeley, California, 2000, pp.14–17.
- Caneti R, Garay J, Itkis Get al.. Multicast security: A taxonomy and some efficient constructions InProc. the IEEE INFOCOM’99, New York: IEEE Communication Society, 1999, pp.708–716.
- Pankaj Rohatgi. A compact and fast hybrid signature scheme for multicast packet authentication. InProc. the 6th ACM Computer and Communications Security Conference, ACM Press, 1999, pp.93–100. http://www.acm.org/pubs/articles/proceedings.
- Moni Naor, Omer Reingold. From unpredictability to indistinguishability: A simple construction of pseudo-random functions from MACs. InAdvances in Cryptology — Crypto’98, Krawczyk H (ed.), Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1998, pp.267–282. CrossRef
- Rabin M. Efficient dispersal of information for security, load balancing, and fault tolerance.Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery, 1989, 36(2): 335–348.
- Efficient non-repudiation multicast source authentication schemes
Journal of Computer Science and Technology
Volume 17, Issue 6 , pp 820-829
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science Press
- Additional Links
- multicast communication
- digital signature
- message authentication code
- Industry Sectors