Role of restenosis in determining adverse outcome after coronary angioplasty vs bypass surgery
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Fanelli C, Aronoff R. Restenosis following coronary angioplasty.Am Heart J. 1990;119:357–368. CrossRef
- Lau K-W, Sigwart U. Restenosis after PTCA: risk factors and pathophysiology.J Myocardial Ischemia. 1992;4:15–33.
- Pocock SJ, Henderson RA, Rickards AF, et al. Meta-analysis of randomised trials comparing coronary angioplasty with bypass surgery.Lancet. 1995;346:1184–1189. CrossRef
- The EPIC investigators: Use of a monoclonal antibody directed against the platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor in high risk coronary angioplasty.N Engl J Med. 1994;330:1031–1037.
- Kurbaan AS, Sigwart U. Coronary stenting: past, present, and future. In: Feuerstein G, ed.Coronary Restenosis: From Genetics to Therapeutics. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker Inc; 1996.
- CABRI Study Group. First year results of CABRI (Coronary Angioplasty vs Bypass Revascularisation Investigation).Lancet. 1995;346:1179–1184. CrossRef
- Gershlick A, Brack MJ, More RS, Syndercombe-Court D, Balcon R. Angiographic restenosis after angioplasty: comparison of definitions and correlation with clinical outcome.Coronary Artery Dis. 1993;4:73–81.
- Holmes DR, Vlietstra RE, Smith HC, et al. Restenosis after percutaneous coronary transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA): a report from the PTCA registry of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.Am J Cardiol. 1984;53(suppl C):77C-81C. CrossRef
- Serruys PW, de Jaegere P, Kiemeneiji C, et al. A comparison of balloon expandable stent implantation with balloon angioplasty in patients with coronary artery disease (the BENESTENT study).N Engl J Med. 1994;331:489–495. CrossRef
- Fischman DL, Leon MB, Baim DS, et al. A randomized comparison of coronary stent placement and balloon angioplasty in the treatment of coronary artery disease (the STRESS trial).N Engl J Med. 1994;331:496–50. CrossRef
- Topol EJ, Leya F, Pinkerton CA, et al. A comparison of directional atherectomy with coronary angioplasty in patients with coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1993;329:221–227. CrossRef
- MERCATOR Study Group. Does the new angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor cilazapril prevent restenosis after percutaneous coronary angioplasty?Circulation. 1992;86:100–110.
- Hillegrass WB, Ohman EM, Califf RM. Restenosis: the clinical issues: In: Topol EJ, ed.Textbook of Interventional Cardiology. Philadelphia, Pa: WB Saunders Co; 1994:415–435.
- Califf RM, Fortin DF, Frid DJ, et al. Restenosis after coronary angioplasty: an overview.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1991;17(suppl B):2B-17B. CrossRef
- Serruys PW, Luijten HE, Beatt KJ, et al. Incidence of restenosis after successful coronary angioplasty: a time-related phenomenon.Circulation. 1988;77:361–371.
- Nobuyoshi M, Kimura T, Nosaka H, et al. Restenosis after successful percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty: serial follow up of 229 patients.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1988;12:616–623.
- Campeau L. Grading of angina pectoris.Circulation. 1976;54:522–523.
- CASS Group. The Coronary Artery Surgery Study (CASS): a randomised trial of coronary artery bypass surgery: survival data.Circulation. 1983;68:939–950.
- Parisi AF, Folland ED, Hartigan P, for the Veterans Affairs ACME Study Group: A comparison of angioplasty with medical therapy in the treatment of single vessel coronary artery disease.N Engl J Med. 1992;326:10–16.
- Kurbaan AS, Bowker TJ, Ilsley CDJ, Rickards AF, for the CABRI Study Group. The impact of post angioplasty restenosis on comparisons of outcome between angioplasty and bypass grafting.Am J Cardiol. 1998;82:272–276. CrossRef
- Role of restenosis in determining adverse outcome after coronary angioplasty vs bypass surgery
Volume 25, Issue 8-10 , pp 434-437
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Humana Press
- Additional Links