Algorithm and implementation of parallel multiplication in a mixed number system
- Yinfang Luo
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper presents a high-speed multiplication algorithm for the mixed number system of the ordinary binary number and the symmetric redundant binary number. It is implemented with the multivalued logic theory, and 3-valued and 2-valued circuits are used. The 3-valued circuit proposed in this paper is an emitter-coupled logic circuit with high speed, simplicity and powerful functions. A 3-valued ECL threshold gate can simultaneously produce six types of one-variable operations. The array multiplier, designed with the algorithm and the circuits, is fast and simple, and is suitable for building LSI. It can be used in a high-speed computer just as an ordinary binary multiplier.
- A. Avizienis, Signed-digital Number Representions for fast parallel Arithmetic,IEEE Trans. on Elec. Comp., EC-10: 9 (1961), 389–400. CrossRef
- A. Avizienis, A Study of Redundant Number Representions for Parallel Digital Computers, Ph.D. Thesis University of Illinois. Urbama, Illinoin, 5 (1960).
- C.Y. Chow and J.E. Robwrison, Logical Design of a Redundant Binary Adder, Proc. 4th Symp. Computer Arithmetic, 10 (1978), 109–115.
- N. Takagi, H. Yasuura and S. Yajima, High-speed VLSI Multiplication Algorithm with Redundant Binary Addition Tree,IEEE Trans. Comput., C-34: 9 (1985), 789–796. CrossRef
- Gu Weinan and Zheng Qilun, Lattice symmetric ternary logic system and its simplification,Chinese Journal of Computers,6: 4 (1983), 317–320.
- Algorithm and implementation of parallel multiplication in a mixed number system
Journal of Computer Science and Technology
Volume 3, Issue 3 , pp 203-213
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science Press
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Yinfang Luo (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Computing Technology, Academia Sinica, Beijing, China