Enhancing efficiency of fertilizer n use in sugarcane by ring-pit method of planting
- R. L. Yadav
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Nitrogen use efficiency of sugarcane variety CoS767 was measured in terms of partial factor productivity (PFP) and agronomic efficiency (AE) of applied N through a field experiment conducted during spring season in a sandy loan alluvial entisol soil at the Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research, Lucknow (26.50 N, 80.50 E and 120 m amsl). For this purpose, ten treatment combinations (2 methods of planting i.e. conventional flat and ring-pit method x 5 levels of N i.e. O, 75, 150, 225 and 300 Kg N ha-1 through urea) were tested in a randomized block design with 3 replications. In general, cane yield, PFP and AE were significantly greater in ring-pit method than that in conventional flat method. The optimum doses of N were 441 Kg N ha-1 in conventional flat method and 356 Kg N ha-1 in ring-pit method. To produce one tonne of cane yield, the crop required 8.481 Kg N in conventional flat method and 2.3421 Kg N in ring pit method of planting.
- Jackson, M.L. (1973).Soil Chemical Analysis, New Delhi, India Printice Hall of India Limited in Subtropics.
- Pannje, R.R. (1971). Cultural methods of Sugarcane Production in Subtropics Proceedings of XVII.Confess of Interntional Society of Sugarcane Technologists. Vol.1: 357–367.
- Singh, G.B. (2002). Management of plant population in sugarcane for higher productivity and quality.Proceedings of International Symposium on Food, nutrient and economic security through diversification in sugarcane production and processing systems: held at the Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research Lucknow from 16–18 February, 2002 pp. 9–18.
- Singh, K., Yadav, R.L., Singh, B., Hora, B.S., Singh, R.V. Singh R.A. (1984). Ring method of planting sugarcane: A new technique.Biological Memoirs,9: 161–166.
- Yadav, R.L. (1992). High population density Management in Sugarcane.Proceedings Indian National Science Academy,B57 (3&4): 175–182.
- Yadav, R.L. andSharma, R.K. (1978). Correlation and regression studies between yield and its attributes in sugarcane.Indian Journal of Sugarcane Technology,1: 17–22.
- Yadav, R.L. andSingh, K. (1986). Effect of pit dimensions and seed rate on rooting pattern and yield of sugarcane in ring planting system.Biological Memoirs,12: 133–137.
- Yadav, R.L. Kumar, R. andVerma, R.S. (1990). Effect of planting technique and planting desnsity on yield of late planted sugarcane in North Central India.Experimental Agriculture,27: 281–286. CrossRef
- Enhancing efficiency of fertilizer n use in sugarcane by ring-pit method of planting
Volume 6, Issue 3 , pp 169-171
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- N use efficiency
- planting methods
- Industry Sectors
- R. L. Yadav (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Indian Institute of Sugarcane Research, Lucknow - 226 002, India