Genetic variability in fibre and related characters for selection of sugarcane
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A trial was conducted with 28 genotypes which are complex polyploids of inter specific origin from three species of sugarcane viz.Saccharum officinarum L;S. spontaneum L;S. sinense L; were taken to assess the extent of variability at phenotypic and genotypic levels, heritability coefficient (Broad sense), genotypic coefficient of variability (GCV) and genetic advance to estimate the fibre per cent cane and related characters at 300 and 360days maturity. Fibre per cent cane and rind hardness at 300 and 360 days maturity exhibited high degree of genotypic coefficient of variability, genetic advance, and moderate levels of heritability coefficient. Moisture per cent cane recorded relative low levels of genetic advance due to lower genetic coefficient of variabilities.
- Brown, A.H.D. (1965). Correlation between brix in juice and fibre in commercial hybrid sugarcane populations.Proc. Int. Soc. Sug. Cane Technol.,12: 754–759
- Kang, M.S., Sosa, O. and Miller, J.D. (1990). Genetic variation and advance for rind hardness flowering and sugar yield traits in sugarcane.Field Crop Research,23(1): 69–73. CrossRef
- Kang, M.S., Sosa, O. and Miller, J.D. (1989). Path analysis for percent fibre and cane and sugar yield in sugarcane.Crop Sci.,29: 1481–1483.
- Punia, M.S. and Hooda, R.S. (1982). Studies on variability, heritability and genetic advance of some quality attributes in sugarcane.Indian Sugar,31(12): 911–914.
- Thangavelu, S. and Chiranjivi Rao, K. (1982). Comparison of ‘Rapi pol extractor’ and ‘Cutex’ cane shredder methods for direct determination of fibre in Saccharum clones.Proc. Ann. Conv. Sug. Tech. Assoc. India,46: 15–21.
- Genetic variability in fibre and related characters for selection of sugarcane
Volume 6, Issue 1-2 , pp 73-75
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer India
- Additional Links
- Genetic advance
- Industry Sectors