Find out how to access preview-only content
Physical activity, clinical medicine, and public health
- Steven N. Blair PED, MD
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Morris JN, Heady JA, Raffle PA, et al.:Coronary heart disease and the physical activity of work.Lancet 1953,265:1053–1057. CrossRef
- Paffenbarger RS, Hale WE:Work activity and coronary heart mortality.N Engl J Med 1975,292:545–550.
- Morris JN, Everitt MG, Pollard R, et al.:Vigorous exercise in leisure-time: protection against coronary heart disease.Lancet 1980,2:1207–1210. CrossRef
- Lee IM, Paffenbarger RS:Associations of light, moderate, and vigorous intensity physical activity with longevity. The Harvard Alumni Health Study.Am J Epidemiol 2000,151:293–299.
- Blair SN, Kampert JB, Kohl HW III, et al.:Influences of cardiorespiratory fitness and other precursors on cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality in men and women.JAMA 1996,276:205–210. CrossRef
- Huang Y, Macera CA, Blair SN, et al.:Physical fitness, physical activity, and functional limitation in adults aged 40 and older.Med Sci Sports Exerc 1998,30:1430–1435. CrossRef
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.Trends in leisure-time physical inactivity by age, sex, and race/ethnicity—United States, 1994–2004.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2005,54:991–994.
- Macera CA, Ham SA, Yore MM, et al.: Prevalence of physical activity in the United States: Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2001. Prev Chronic Dis [serial online]. April 2005. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/ issues/2005/apr/04_0114.htm. Accessed January 17, 2007.
- Carnethon MR, Guliti M, Greenland P:Prevalence and cardiovascular disease correlates of low cardiorespiratory fitness in adolescents and adults.JAMA 2005,294:2981–2988. CrossRef
- Pate RR, Pratt M, Blair SN, et al.:Physical activity and public health: a recommendation from the CDC and ACSM.JAMA 1995,273:402–407. CrossRef
- Physical activity, clinical medicine, and public health
Current Sports Medicine Reports
Volume 6, Issue 2 , pp 71-72
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Current Medicine Group
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Exercise Science, Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, 921 Assembly Street, 29208, Columbia, SC, USA