On multiplicities for SL(n)
- Don Blasius
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We use the strong Artin conjecture for Galois extensions of Heisenberg type to show that a cuspidal automorphic representation of SL(N)/F, forF a number field andN>2, can occur with multiplicity greater than one. We also exhibit two cuspidalL-packets (forF=Q andN prime) which are locally isomorphic for primesp different fromN, but which are disjoint atN, i.e. thatL-packets are not rigid.
- [A] J. Arthur,Unipotent automorphic representations: conjectures, inOrbites unipotentes et representations, Asterisque171–172 (1989), 13–71.
- [AC] J. Arthur and L. Clozel,Simple Algebras, Base Change, and the Advanced Theory of the Trace Formula, Annals of Math. Studies 120, Princeton, 1989.
- [GW] R. Guralnick and A. Weiss,Transitive permutation lattices in the same genus, preprint, 1992.
- [LL] J. P. Labesse and R. P. Langlands,L-indistinguishability for SL(2), Canadian Journal of Mathematics31 (1979), 726–785.
- [N] J. Neukirch,On solvable number fields, Inventiones Mathematicae53 (1979), 135–164. CrossRef
- On multiplicities for SL(n)
Israel Journal of Mathematics
Volume 88, Issue 1-3 , pp 237-251
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Don Blasius (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, University of California Los Angeles, 90024-7009, Los Angeles, CA, USA