Characterizations of gamma, inverse Gaussian, and negative binomial distributions via their length-biased distributions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A general form for characterizing inverse Gaussian and Wald distributions, based on their respective length-biased distributions, is introduced. Further results for characterizations of the gamma distribution, the negative binomial distribution and some mixtures of them by using their lengthbiased distributions are establised.
- Ahasnullah, M. and Kirmani, S. (1984). A characterization of Wald distribution. Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, Vol. 31, pp. 155–158. CrossRef
- Chikara, R. and Folks, J. (1977). The inverse Gaussian distribution as a lifetime model. Technometrics, Vol. 19, pp. 461–468. CrossRef
- Cox, D. (1962). Renewal Theory, Methuen and Co. Ltd.
- Gupta, R. and Keating, J. (1986). Relations for reliability measures under length-biased sampling. Scandinavian Journal of statistics 13, ppl 49–56.
- Khattree, R. (1989). Characterization of inverse-Gaussian and Gamma distributions through their length-biased distributions. IEEE. Trans. on Reliability, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 610–611. CrossRef
- Patil, P. and Rao, R. (1977). The weighted distributions: A survey of their applications. In Applications in Statistics (ed. Krishnaiah, R.). North Holland, pp. 383–405.
- Ross, S. (1983). Stochastic Processes. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York.
- Characterizations of gamma, inverse Gaussian, and negative binomial distributions via their length-biased distributions
Volume 34, Issue 1 , pp 167-173
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Length biased distribution
- Negative binomial distribution
- Gamma distribution
- Inverse Gaussain distribution
- Chi-square distribution
- Mixed distributions
- Industry Sectors