Structural inference on the parameters of the pareto distribution from complete and censored life test data
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Recently, the two-parameter Pareto distribution has been recognized as a useful model for survival populations associated with life test experiments. In this paper we apply the structural approach to derive the structural densities of the parameters, from considerations of the group structure of the Pareto density. The structural densities, based on complete and censored samples, are plotted and the corresponding shortest confidence intervals of the parameters are obtained. Numerical examples are given to illustrate our results.
- Arnold, B.C., Press, S.J. (1983) Bayesian inference for Pareto populations. Journal of Econometrics 12: pp. 287-306 CrossRef
- Bury, K.V., Bernholtz, B. (1971) Life testing: Structural inference on the exponential model. INFOR. 9: pp. 148-160
- Dyer, D. (1981) Structural probability bounds for the strong Pareto law. Canadian J. Statist. 9: pp. 71-77 CrossRef
- Fraser, D.A.S. (1968) The structure of inference. John Wiley, N. Y.
- Geisser, S. (1984) Predicting Pareto and exponential observables. The Canadian J. of Statistics 12: pp. 143-152 CrossRef
- Johnson, N.J., Kotz, S. (1970) Distributions in statistics: Continuous Univariate Distribution-I. John Wiley & Sons, New York
- Nigm, A. M., Hamdy, H. I. (1987) Bayesian prediction bounds for the Pareto lifetime model. Commun. Statist.-Theory & Meth. 16: pp. 1761-1772 CrossRef
- Sarhan, A.E., Greenberg, B.G. (1962) Contributions to Order Statistics. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., N.W.
- Structural inference on the parameters of the pareto distribution from complete and censored life test data
Volume 33, Issue 1 , pp 57-68
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors