The one-phase Hele-Shaw problem with singularities
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this article we analyze viscosity solutions of the one phase Hele-Shaw problem in the plane and the corresponding free boundaries near a singularity. We find, up to order of magnitude, the speed at which the free boundary moves starting from a wedge, cusp, or finger-type singularity. Maximum principle-type arguments play a key role in the analysis.
- Athanasopoulos, I., Caffarelli, L., and Salsa, S. Regularity of the free boundary in parabolic phase-transition problems,Acta Math. 176, 245–282, (1996). CrossRef
- Caffarelli, L. A. Harnack inequality approach to the regularity of free boundaries, Part II: Flat free boundaries are Lipschitz,Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 42, 55–78, (1989). CrossRef
- Caffarelli, L. A. Harnack inequality approach to the regularity of free boundaries, Part I: Lipschitz free boundaries are C1,α,Rev. Mat. Iberoamericana 3(2), 139–162 (1987).
- Dahlberg, B. E. Harmonic functions in Lipschitz domains, Harmonic analysis in Euclidean spaces, Part 1, 313–322,Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., Part XXXV, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., (1979).
- Howison, S. D. Cusp development in Hele-Shaw flow with a free surface,SIAM J. Appl. Math. 46, 20–26, (1986). CrossRef
- Kim, I. Uniqueness and Existence result of Hele-Shaw and Stefan problem,Arch. Rat. Meck Anal. 168, 299–328, (2003). CrossRef
- Kim, I. Regularity of free boundary in one phase Hele-Shaw problem,J. Differential Equations, to appear.
- Kim, I. Long time regularity of Hele-Shaw and Stefan problem, submitted.
- King, J. R., Lacey, A. A., and Vazquez, J. L. Persistence of corners in free boundaries in Hele-Shaw flow,European J. Appl. Math. 6, 455–490, (1995).
- The one-phase Hele-Shaw problem with singularities
The Journal of Geometric Analysis
Volume 15, Issue 4 , pp 641-667
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Free boundary
- singularity analysis
- viscosity solutions
- Hele-Shaw flow