The one-phase Hele-Shaw problem with singularities
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this article we analyze viscosity solutions of the one phase Hele-Shaw problem in the plane and the corresponding free boundaries near a singularity. We find, up to order of magnitude, the speed at which the free boundary moves starting from a wedge, cusp, or finger-type singularity. Maximum principle-type arguments play a key role in the analysis.
- Athanasopoulos, I., Caffarelli, L., Salsa, S. (1996) Regularity of the free boundary in parabolic phase-transition problems. Acta Math. 176: pp. 245-282 CrossRef
- Caffarelli, L. A. (1989) Harnack inequality approach to the regularity of free boundaries, Part II: Flat free boundaries are Lipschitz. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 42: pp. 55-78 CrossRef
- Caffarelli, L. A. (1987) Harnack inequality approach to the regularity of free boundaries, Part I: Lipschitz free boundaries are C1,α. Rev. Mat. Iberoamericana 3: pp. 139-162
- Dahlberg, B. E. (1979) Harmonic functions in Lipschitz domains, Harmonic analysis in Euclidean spaces, Part 1. Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., Part XXXV. Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., pp. 313-322
- Howison, S. D. (1986) Cusp development in Hele-Shaw flow with a free surface. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 46: pp. 20-26 CrossRef
- Kim, I. (2003) Uniqueness and Existence result of Hele-Shaw and Stefan problem. Arch. Rat. Meck Anal. 168: pp. 299-328 CrossRef
- Kim, I. Regularity of free boundary in one phase Hele-Shaw problem,J. Differential Equations, to appear.
- Kim, I. Long time regularity of Hele-Shaw and Stefan problem, submitted.
- King, J. R., Lacey, A. A., Vazquez, J. L. (1995) Persistence of corners in free boundaries in Hele-Shaw flow. European J. Appl. Math. 6: pp. 455-490
- The one-phase Hele-Shaw problem with singularities
The Journal of Geometric Analysis
Volume 15, Issue 4 , pp 641-667
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Free boundary
- singularity analysis
- viscosity solutions
- Hele-Shaw flow